Highlighted

Photoshop 2021 - Spacebar and move could not complete your request because of a program error

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to Photoshop 2021 this morning and now the spacebar and move function won't work! This is vital to photoshop! 

It throws up an error saying Could not complete your request because of a program error. 

Anyone else getting this and what can I do?

Using Windows 10.

Thanks

TOPICS
Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop 2021 - Spacebar and move could not complete your request because of a program error

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to Photoshop 2021 this morning and now the spacebar and move function won't work! This is vital to photoshop! 

It throws up an error saying Could not complete your request because of a program error. 

Anyone else getting this and what can I do?

Using Windows 10.

Thanks

TOPICS
Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 23, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preferences didn't work. The Detected Graphics Processor is grayed out and says there is an error. I am using Remote Desktop from my iMac to my work PC. But it all worked fine with Photoshop 2020, the update this morning has stopped it working and is throwing up an error.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The GPU system requirements for Photoshop has changed, so if you're using a GPU that's older than 4 years it may not work with this version of Photoshop

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html

Unsupported graphics cards
If your graphics card is older than 4 years, GPU functionality in Photoshop may be limited or not supported.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah interesting. Though I am sure it is a setting in Remote Desktop because there are three of us in the department and two of us using Remote Desktop have the setting grayed out and it won't work, yet a guy in the office, it works fine and his GPU section isn't grayed out.

I am in contact with the IT department to help with the settings.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorted. Was a simple Graphics Card driver update.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2020 0