Highlighted

Photoshop 2021 stops working properly suddenly

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 2021 stops working properly shortly after a few processes on an image. The image I'm working on it freezes and I can't do anything. However I can save the image. No error messages pop up.

TOPICS
Bug, Crash or freeze, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop 2021 stops working properly suddenly

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 2021 stops working properly shortly after a few processes on an image. The image I'm working on it freezes and I can't do anything. However I can save the image. No error messages pop up.

TOPICS
Bug, Crash or freeze, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 07, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that Photoshop 2021 is freezing  unexpectedly and you cannot do anything. 

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue?

To get started, you may checkout the steps mentioned here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-slow-lags.html

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2020 2
Participant ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AKASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

For the love of GOD man, you know that URL is useless. We have another thread 33 pages long about this bug, tell this poor devil that this problem has been going on for weeks.

switch off your graphics card.

switch it on again. switch it off again. try that again. and again. 

You keep giving us the same useless workaround advice, but you do NOTHING to solve this 5 week long madness. I haven't been able to use my PS for WEEKS, and there are many more like me.

Get your act together and fix this bug.

DO.

YOUR.

JOB.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2020 1
Participant ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I notice also that you never ask the following:

what GFX card are you using? What driver version are you using?

Surely that way you could help him (and US) to track down this monstrous bug.

ALSO: leaving the 'update' of this bug ridden version is a disgrace. ADOBE should be ashamed of themselves. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked!

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 15, 2020 0
Participant ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to Hell. You might be one of the 'lucky' ones (i.e., the ones who can get the program to 'work' by switching off GFX support in prefs), but if not, you'll be waiting a very long time.

28 pages of Hell. WEEKS of useless 'help' from tech support, of the "have you tried switching it off and switching it on again?" variety.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/m-program-error-while-opening-or-creating-new-document-afte...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about the frustrated experience with Photoshop 2021.

Would you mind updating to Photoshop version 22.0.1 and let us know if that helps?

Thanks,

Akash

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Actually I updated it two days ago however the problem remains. I had to
disable the graphics card again.

Regards

Luis Coelho

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 20, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Luis,

Thanks for the update. If Photoshop 22.0.1 doesn't solve the program error for you then, please refer to the following article to check the other available workarounds: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/known-issues.html#ProgramErroropeningfiles

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Mohit

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 24, 2020 0