• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2021 suddenly won't open

Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using CC for a few months now and all was well until this morning. Nothing happens when I try to open Photoshop 2021 and I have no idea how to begin to get it going again. Nothing I tried worked and I've kept up my subscription. Some of the answers on this forum seem excessively difficult and  time consuming whereas it should be an easy fix. I need it back fast! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Finally fixed this problem (fingers crossed) with the help of a post on this forum and a friend who knew more than me so was more fearless.  We installed an earlier version of Ps, uninstalled the anti virus software Avira, and restarted Windows 10.  Voila! We probably didn't need to uninstall Ps 22.4.1 and install Ps 22.3.0 but it''s working for me.  It took about an hour to do all of the above. Adobe should address this problem as I see it's pretty common just from this forum and the internet i

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I forgot to add it's on Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Try deleting the preferences file from this location

C:\Users\your name\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2021\Adobe Photoshop 2021 Settings

To get to the appdata folder just type %appdata% in the file explorer address bar and navigate to the above location

2021-05-31 16_27_49-Adobe Photoshop 2021 Settings.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ged. There is no listing of Adobe Photoshop 2021 at this link: c:\users\Vallerie\Roaming\Adobe\. I found it at C:\users\iser\roaming etc.  I'm afraid to delete the preference file because when I tried to uninstall Ps 2021 I was told I have to close it before I can uninstall it.  Ps 2021 does not appear in my Task Manager and my CC account with Adobe shows that Ps 2021 is installed and up to date.  What do you think?  Should I still delete the pref file??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It won't do any harm to delete the preferences file, sometimes this file can become corrupt, you should reboot your PC first before deleting it and then try opening Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that didn't work either.  I rremoved a folder called Adobe Photoshop 2021 Prefs. Still can't uninstall it either, it keeps telling me to close it first. Any other ideas??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (1).png

 Here is the screenshot from when I try to uninstall Ps 2021.  It is V. 22.4.1.  If this helps.  Otherwise I get nothing when I try to open photoshop, no message at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No luck with the cleaning tool, nothing has changed.  Here's the last screeshot:

Screenshot (2).png

All the other apps I had installed worked as usual.  Any more ideas other than deleting the whole mess and getting a new subscription??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try creating a new Windows user account and logging in with that to see if Photoshop loads

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-a-local-user-or-administrator-account-in-windows-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not work.  I'm tempted to just delete the whole thing, I'm out of patience with this.  I hate paying for something that cannot be used or fixed when it doesn't function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally fixed this problem (fingers crossed) with the help of a post on this forum and a friend who knew more than me so was more fearless.  We installed an earlier version of Ps, uninstalled the anti virus software Avira, and restarted Windows 10.  Voila! We probably didn't need to uninstall Ps 22.4.1 and install Ps 22.3.0 but it''s working for me.  It took about an hour to do all of the above. Adobe should address this problem as I see it's pretty common just from this forum and the internet in general.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Might be parts of the program are still open. Go to task manager and scroll down. If you see one or two files starting with "PDS", end them. Works for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines