• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2021 Tutorials

Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have PS 2021 on a PC. If you are a PS expert who has or is producing tutorials using PS 2021 on a PC I will be your keenest follower. 

Tired of only finding tutorials done by those using an Apple Mac. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

The only difference between Mac and Windows is the keyboard shortcuts. The process, menus and outcomes taught are the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Ranndy_Stone wrote:

I echo to you and ask you to check the first 1 min 12 secs of this tutorial by Colin Smith who I find very easy to understand but I for the life of me cannot find on my PC version of FS 2020 what he has on his Apple version

This is one of the many parts of Photoshop that is identical on Windows and Mac. Below is the same Preferences panel that Colin Smith showed in the latest version of Photoshop. Windows on top, Mac on the bottom, with the option Colin was talking about ma

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only difference between Mac and Windows is the keyboard shortcuts. The process, menus and outcomes taught are the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish to thank jane-e, Conrad C, and Kevin Stonlmeyer for taking the trouble to respond to my post:

Kevin says "The only difference between Mac and Windows is the keyboard shortcuts".  Kevin, I will show you why I find that statement difficult to understand later in this post.

Kevin also says "Jesus Ramirez has a great catalog on Photoshop Training Catalog. He uses a Windows machine." Yes, I have previously subscribed to Jesus' tutorials but had difficulties following what he does. I will try again now that I have just taken delivery of a large monitor so I can easily pause tutorials while I try to duplicate what he has just done on my laptop.

Conrad C says "It’s true, there really isn’t much difference." Conrad, I will show you also why I find that statement difficult to understand later in this post. I will check out Blake Rudis though.

jane-e, thank you again. What I have said to Kevin and Conrad I echo to you and ask you to check the first 1 min 12 secs of this tutorial by Colin Smith who I find very easy to understand but I for the life of me cannot find on my PC version of FS 2020 what he has on his Apple version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCd4TW9w8LM&t=61s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ranndy_Stone wrote:

I echo to you and ask you to check the first 1 min 12 secs of this tutorial by Colin Smith who I find very easy to understand but I for the life of me cannot find on my PC version of FS 2020 what he has on his Apple version

This is one of the many parts of Photoshop that is identical on Windows and Mac. Below is the same Preferences panel that Colin Smith showed in the latest version of Photoshop. Windows on top, Mac on the bottom, with the option Colin was talking about marked in both. It’s the same.

Photoshop-v22-Preferences-General-Mac-and-Windows.jpg

If you want to make sure you are on the latest version, in Photoshop choose Help > System Info and see if the first line is the same or newer than this:
Adobe Photoshop Version: 22.0.0 20201006.r.35

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Conrad C - thank you so much. My 83-year-old eyes can now see what my problem has been. As much as I admire Colin Smith's tutorial presentation skills, what he doesn't explain in those first 72 secs is the fact that this is how you get to "Auto Show Home Screen":

File>Export>Export Preferences>General - unclick 'Always Show Home Screen'

Even after you sent me your solution to my problem it still took me 30mins to search out the File>Export>Export Preferences sequence bit.

So again - thank you Conrad C, Kevin Stonlmeyer and jane-e 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, Ranndy, this is maybe one of the few differences between PC and Mac, the location of the Preferences menu. 
On a MAc, you find it under the Photoshop menu, alongside About Photoshop, found in the Help menu.

On a PC, it is at the bottom of the Edit menu (the file>Export preferences is a... creative way to get it (well, it does opens the export part of the preferences), a double-click on the rulers would also lauch the corresponding part of the preferences.

CTRL+K on a PC, CMD+K on a Mac also gets you there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're really hung up on not seeing a PC in your tutorial, Jesus Ramirez has a great catalog on Photoshop Training Catalog. He uses a Windows machine.

https://photoshoptrainingchannel.com 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s true, there really isn’t much difference.

But if you need another teacher who does great Photoshop tutorials on a Windows PC, there’s Blake Rudis at f64 Academy on YouTube.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deke McLelland uses Windows, but as others have said, Photoshop is the same on both Platforms. You will be missing some great training by refusing to watch Mac videos. Most instructors give both sets of shortcuts.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines