Photoshop 2021 - Unusable on my system (Mac Pro 7,1 OSX 10.15.7)

Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll just start by saying Photoshop 2020 is working fine and I will continue to use it but:

I have not had any luck getting Photoshop 2021 to work on my system, I have tried each update.

Issue 1) - whenever i try to open a PSD I get an error "Could not complete your request because of a program error." and a crash. This is fixed by disabling the graphics processor

Issue 2) Once in photoshop, with graphics processing disabled, most tools do not work correctly.

Ie, rectangular marquee disapears after selecting, attempting to transform a selction on a smart layer glitches out.

Issue 3) Content aware fill comand does nothing, when using the fill comand, photoshop crashes with "Could not complete your request because of a program error."

Issue 4) When I click on "about"  photoshop crashes with "Could not complete your request because of a program error."

I havent attempted to do anything else with it as I cant really go more that 10 seconds on a comp without that error appearing.

My system specs are as follows:

Mac Pro 2019

16 core 3.2 GHz 

192 GB RAM

AMD Pro Vega II Duo 32 GB

AMD Radeon VII 16GB

Photoshop 22.2

OSX 10.15.7

Could the system having 3 gpus be causing an issue? Again Photoshop 2020 runs fine.

I have uninstalled and re-installed 2021 multiple times.

Any advice would be appreciated 🙂

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Mac, Problem or error

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, all these are known bugs will be solved soon by the Adobe team so it is better to use 2020...regards

Ali Sajjad

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines