Highlighted

Photoshop 2021 update issues

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know if anyone else is experiencing this but it's driving me nuts!

1. After getting used to the transform without pressing shift, the 2021 update removed this and now I can't get it back even after making the changes in preferences it doesnt fix it. 

2. All shapes keep adding a stroke, even after switching it off, when I go back to the shape to edit the colour...the stroke is back...not very fun having to remove it contantly and missing it often resulting in  frustrating reverts. 

3. Documents often become unresponsive, but just the exact one im working on, not all open documents, all tools freeze, and I have to then save, exit and reopen the document. 

4. WHY DID THEY REMOVE THE TEXT HIGHLIGHT!!!!! Switching off the graphics card setting causes more frustrations with image quality that is comprimised as a result. Not an option, anyone found a fix for it???

Anyone else experiencing these issues or has a fix?

TOPICS
Bug, Crash or freeze, FAQ, Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop 2021 update issues

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know if anyone else is experiencing this but it's driving me nuts!

1. After getting used to the transform without pressing shift, the 2021 update removed this and now I can't get it back even after making the changes in preferences it doesnt fix it. 

2. All shapes keep adding a stroke, even after switching it off, when I go back to the shape to edit the colour...the stroke is back...not very fun having to remove it contantly and missing it often resulting in  frustrating reverts. 

3. Documents often become unresponsive, but just the exact one im working on, not all open documents, all tools freeze, and I have to then save, exit and reopen the document. 

4. WHY DID THEY REMOVE THE TEXT HIGHLIGHT!!!!! Switching off the graphics card setting causes more frustrations with image quality that is comprimised as a result. Not an option, anyone found a fix for it???

Anyone else experiencing these issues or has a fix?

TOPICS
Bug, Crash or freeze, FAQ, Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 13, 2020 1
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Text highlighting has not been removed there are issues in 22 where all tools lag and do not always work correctly because of the lag.

You seem to have missed Adobe broke the line tool by trying to make is a vector line path tool not a close line shape path  now line shape  are not possible  with the line tool however arrowheads shapes are possible.  If your stroke the arrowheads along the shape path or outside the path the arrowheads will not point to the point you want them to point and the will be a stroke or double width stroke between the arrowheads.  If you stroke insider the arrowheads paths the Arrowheads will point to where you want the to point but there is no inside a line path  there is no area to be stroked.   You can use the pen tool to create a line shape between the Arrowheads you cans fill and stroke inside. the shape.  So you can create a line shape but not with the line tool.

You also seem to have missed 3D object surface textures can not be edited. When you try some of Photoshop's extra feature the seem to be removed the like show UV and others. Some sequence seems to mess up extras for the rest of the edit session.

I find when Performances go to pot or you can not select  text or  tools lag or extras don't work.  Restarting Photoshop works till the new bugs in 22 bite.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you missed everything I wrote, text highlight hasn't worked for the last week, not once did it preview, no matter how long ive had text highlighted. Dont know how a basic AF rectangle isnt a closed path... its basic features that are bugging out, nothing special or super intricate at all, yea...but thanks for he input

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2020 0
Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you read the updated Photoshop requirements.  OS versions and GPU support supported  haves changed. perhaps you need to update your machine to use Photoshop 2021.  It seems like Photoshop does not work with your equipment and OS Version. There are Issues in PS 2021 like the 1px Black strokes. broken 3D texture editing, broken line tool. Performance issues. Text Highlighting has not been removed sometimes it works without issue.  However when bugs bite highlighting can be flaky or not possibles.

image.png

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having all the same issues. Photsohop is crashin with every single thing I do.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2020 0
JJMack LATEST
Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please review Photoshop 2021 requirements and read the Know Issuer Adobe published for 2021. Also review this forum for additional issues users  are having,  Photoshop 2021 is not ready for production use yet,  Use Photoshop 2020 version 21.2.4.  Here is Adobe 2021 publish  known issues.  Adobe always seen the release new versions of Photoshop before they are ready for real use.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2020 0