Highlighted

Photoshop 2021 (v22.0.0): Incorrect stroke property behavior of Shape Layers in Smart Objects

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I encounter the following issue in Photoshop Version 22.0.0:

Photoshop is enabling Stroke Properties on it's own when you create a Smart Object from a Shape Layer.

Steps to reproduce:

• Create a Shape Layer in a new image using the rectangle tool. Set 'Fill' to any color and Stroke to 'No  Color' / Stroke Width: 0.00pt.
  • Create a Smart Object from this shape layer.
  • Double Click to edit the Smart Object
  • -> Stroke Properties on the Shape Layer are suddenly 'Black' and '1px'.

The Stroke will not show up immediatly, but as soon as you change the fill color of the shapes, the stroke 

will be there. Also if you set the Stroke to 'No Color' again, as soon as you save/exit/reenter the Smart Object, stroke is back at 'Black'/'1px' again 😞

Note: 

In Photoshop 2020 (21.2.4) when either 'No Color' OR 'stroke width 0.00' was set on a shape layer, it would set both values to 'No Color' AND '0.00' when you created a smart object from it.

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop 2021 (v22.0.0): Incorrect stroke property behavior of Shape Layers in Smart Objects

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I encounter the following issue in Photoshop Version 22.0.0:

Photoshop is enabling Stroke Properties on it's own when you create a Smart Object from a Shape Layer.

Steps to reproduce:

• Create a Shape Layer in a new image using the rectangle tool. Set 'Fill' to any color and Stroke to 'No  Color' / Stroke Width: 0.00pt.
  • Create a Smart Object from this shape layer.
  • Double Click to edit the Smart Object
  • -> Stroke Properties on the Shape Layer are suddenly 'Black' and '1px'.

The Stroke will not show up immediatly, but as soon as you change the fill color of the shapes, the stroke 

will be there. Also if you set the Stroke to 'No Color' again, as soon as you save/exit/reenter the Smart Object, stroke is back at 'Black'/'1px' again 😞

Note: 

In Photoshop 2020 (21.2.4) when either 'No Color' OR 'stroke width 0.00' was set on a shape layer, it would set both values to 'No Color' AND '0.00' when you created a smart object from it.

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 04, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 22 seems have changed the way some feature work which IMO brakes Photoshop.  For example in the past  when you convert a text layer to a shape layer the shape layer created would have no stroke in 22 the shape layer is given a 1 px black stroke.  Other feature in 22 seem to have new behaviors. Mixer brushes seem to behave differently in 22 than in previous Photoshop versions.  I would not think Adobe would change a shape layer in  a object to have a stroke when it did not gave one in the first place. I think the may have been introduced when you converted the shape layer to a smart object.  Adobe messed with the conversion process and introduced a bug. Adobe also removed line wight from the line tool so you can no longer create line shape layer with the line tools shape option.  Photoshop 22 is not ready for prime time. Do not enable the experimental pen trace tool either.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! How do I turn that stroke off? So irritating. And is the stroke panel gone in Photoshop 22?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 11, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The most success I had by setting the stroke width to '0.00pt'. At least it then doesn't reappear suddenly when changing the shape layers color or converting it to a smart object. Still it might reappear with certain layer conversions, but I didn't have the patience to test everything.

The stroke panel isn't gone, stroke settings are in the properties panel of a shape layer.

stroke.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 15, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having issues with the strokes in photoshop. But my issue is a bit different. I am actually adding a stroke to a rectangle shape. It appears fines on screen in photoshop. My process is then to save as a pdf for client review. The strokes disappear when saving to PDF. Anyone else seen this?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same here. I am importing closed vector objects from illustrator as shape layer. As soon as I change the color, a stroke appears. Please fix this adobe!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 25, 2020 0