Photoshop 2021 will not work.

Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an older macbook (2015) but I just updated my OS to be THE newest. It made my CS4 hardware obsolete, so I've deleted all CS4 content on my computer and downloaded the creative cloud. Photoshop 2021 started crashing within seconds of opening old files. Okay, I thought, I understand. I was running an old CS, I'm sure completely new files will work smoothly, though. Works even worse. I create a new document and within SECONDS the app freezes. Not my laptop. JUST the app. I've been an artist using Photoshop for going on 14 years and I am at my wits end. Yes, I've turned off graphics processing. It fixes nothing. PLEASE tell me there's something else to try. I'm at my wits end. I don't want to be unable to create how I've comfortably been creating for over a decade.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop 2021 will not work.

Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an older macbook (2015) but I just updated my OS to be THE newest. It made my CS4 hardware obsolete, so I've deleted all CS4 content on my computer and downloaded the creative cloud. Photoshop 2021 started crashing within seconds of opening old files. Okay, I thought, I understand. I was running an old CS, I'm sure completely new files will work smoothly, though. Works even worse. I create a new document and within SECONDS the app freezes. Not my laptop. JUST the app. I've been an artist using Photoshop for going on 14 years and I am at my wits end. Yes, I've turned off graphics processing. It fixes nothing. PLEASE tell me there's something else to try. I'm at my wits end. I don't want to be unable to create how I've comfortably been creating for over a decade.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 12, 2020 0
Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried installing the previous version of Photoshop? I have a 2015 macbook pro and the same thing happened to me when I updated to the newest Photoshop.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 15, 2020 0