Photoshop 2021 wont launch because Photoshop was unable to parse the PostScript

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to launch Photoshop 2021 and instead I get a small pop-up stating: 
"Could not complete your request because Photoshop was unable to parse the PostScript."

It won't even let me launch Adobe Creative Cloud; nothing happens after I click on it.

Any ideas? Should I uninstall and then reinstall the whole suite?
I am running a Dell XPS with Windows 10.

It was working fine over the weekend.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your Photoshop Preferences if Photoshop was working on you machine. If Creative Cloud Desktop does not start  download Creative Cloud desktop and reinstall it.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just happened to me also - Photoshop 2021 was giving this error and Photoshop 2020 just wouldn't launch at all with no error. Seems to be related to an update to the Creative Cloud app. I was able to open the Creative Cloud app and click [Open] next to photoshop and get it to launch - but launching the normal way from the Start menu isn't working.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am also experiencing this same issue.  I'll keep following this thread in hopes for a solution.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines