Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

photoshop 2021

Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi everybody!

can anybody tell me why in photoshop 2021 MAC BIG SUR zoom 100% is not actually 100%. I mean if i look at a 200x200 pixel image at 100% it looks like if it's 100x100 pixel...

and also, camera raw filetr doe'st work at all: i can't read any text (e.g.  saturation, temperature, lights, contrast and so on).

thanx a lot!

C.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You seem to be confusing a meaningful image display with some arbitrary display that you mistakenly call »real«. 

View > 100% in Photoshop is intended to display one image pixel per one screen pixel. 

If some browsers take the liberty to actually display one image pixel on 4 screen pixels or upsample images to that effect in size that has nothing to do with Photoshop. 

Open your screenshot and measure the 400px-field – 400px indeed. 

Screenshot 2021-03-23 at 16.53.59.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's right. Consumer-oriented viewers scale up to 200% when they detect a high resolution display. They do this so that it displays at the same screen size that people are used to from traditional displays. But that's not correct; it's a workaround.

Photoshop displays correctly. 100% means one screen pixel per one image pixel. It has nothing to do with size.

Set Photoshop to View > 200% if you want it to match.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but the circle 400 pixel 100% displayd on chrome is the double of 100% on photoshop... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, and we explained why. Read it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»pixel« is not a unit of measurement of length like mm.

If most monitors have more pixels per cm now than a decade ago the pixels are still pixels. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bit you are missing, as explained by D.Fosse and c.pfaffenbichler is that when faced with a high pixel density display, many browsers scale up the image and display it at 200% i.e. they use 4 screen pixels for 1 image pixel. They don't ask you, or tell you they are doing this, but they do it all the same in order to make the image a reasonable size on screen in comparison to low pixel density displays.

Photoshop, being a professional image making application does not apply any scaling at 100% zoom. So it uses 1 screen pixel for 1 image pixel. It has to do that so that no scaling artifacts are introduced (any scaling introduces artifacts) and image quality can therefore be assessed critically. 

So, in short - nothing is wrong here. Photoshop is working exactly as it should and, as explained by D.Fosse, if you want to see the image at the size it will look in your browser, just use 200% zoom

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings and Photoshop > Preferences > Camera Raw > Performance) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the Camera Raw Filter-display issue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i can't neither see correctly the preferences of camera raw on photoshop!!!

it doesn't work at all!!!

I need camera raw filter to edit my images!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit: Ah, sorry, I had misinterpreted your post. 

Did you turn off GPU usage for Photoshop furst? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop’s View > 100% is just fine, you seem to have misunderstood what it is intended to do.

As for the Camera Raw Filter issue:

If all-purpose trouble-shooting and GPU trouble-shooting do not help 
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

Troubleshoot Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) and ...helpx.adobe.com › photoshop › troubleshoot-gp... 

you could try rolling back the Photoshop version. 

But make sure to back-up your presets before doing that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a Retina display, images are scaled. On both of my Retina Macs, I have to show an image at 200% for it to appear the same as 100% on a second monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks to everybody for your support!

Fixed camera raw, and yes, I have a retina display, so I'm zooming images at 200%!!

C.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines