• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 21.0: Could not initialize because of disk error

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS 2019 works fine. The new PS2020 does not load and I get the PS error: "Could not initialize Photoshop because of a disk error" I know my disks have plenty of room and my temp files are deleted regularly. I have tried pressing ctrl +alt to get the scratch disk dialogue to no avail. Is it a case of uninstalling until a fix comes out. My 2019 version works fine.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be one of your plug ins causing an issue. I had the same problem. I removed all my plugins and added them back slowly until Photoshop failed again, and I was able to determine through more trial and error which one was the culprit. Don't ask me which one it was though, I can't remember, LOL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Removed all plugins from C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Plug-ins folder and PS powered up. Than you for your help. I've now got the plugins loaded but not from the plugin folder I deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I used this plugin for 1 day. One day later I wanted to open photoshop but it gave this error. After you found the answer, I removed the plug-in, opened the program, put it back in the plug-in folder. I reopened the program, it was improved. thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines