• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 21.1.0 hangs when using Shadows & Highlights Adjustment

Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting hanging on Shadows and Highlights on an iMac running 21.1.0 under Mojave 10.14.6 OS and also on a latest version fully spec'd Mac mini al.so running 21.1.0 under Mojave10.14.6 and it happens whatever image I am attempting to edit with the jpg. images originating on Olympus, Panasonic and Sony cameras. as soon as I attempt to move a slider I get spinning beachball and end up having to force quit Photoshop via the Mac's Activity Monitor. This is a definite bug.

After further experimentation I found that the hanging only happens if you use the sliders in Shadows and Highlights. If you enter percentages in the boxes the adjustments work without causing Photoshop to hang.

So the bug relates to the sliders. It needs resolving asap.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Hi

This bug has been reported to the feedback forum and the product manager is looking at it. Please add your comments to that thread. Include your OS (exact) and PS version (exact).

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/photoshop-21-1-0-after-latest-update-app-hangs-while-trying-to-use-the-shawdows-highlights-tool

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

That does not sound good, as you're experiencing performance issues with Photoshop, could you please try deselecting "Use Graphics Processor" located in Photoshop's Preferences > Performance, then relaunch Photoshop and let us know if it helps?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

This bug has been reported to the feedback forum and the product manager is looking at it. Please add your comments to that thread. Include your OS (exact) and PS version (exact).

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/photoshop-21-1-0-after-latest-update-app-hang...

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After contacting support via the on-line chat the Photoshop technician clearly stated that this was "not a bug". After allowing them access to my computer it was stated that the presence of "BitDefender" anti-virus was the culprit (though why there had been no problem before Photoshop 21.1.0 isn't clear to me). Removal of BitDefender and then uninstalling/re-installing 21.1.0 by them seems to have done the trick.

I have been in touch with BitDefender and they say try re-installing the anti-virus program and if there is a problem they will troubleshoot it and resolve it without having to go back to Adobe. However, for now, I am a bit dubious about following their suggestion.

Has anyone else with problems got BitDefender installed? Does anyone have any comments about reinstalling Bit-Defender?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"it was stated that the presence of "BitDefender" anti-virus was the culprit"

Can you please report this to the product manager for Photoshop at the feedback website?

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/photoshop-21-1-0-after-latest-update-app-hang...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To jane-e

My latest post have already also been posted on the link you gave. Is that what you wanted me to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have bitdefender installed and it happens to me as well. I have found a workaround for the moment until Adobe fix it because it is definitely a bug. Simply untick the preview box and it works fine. It does become trial and error to get what the result you want butit is better than the programme continually hanging

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those who see the problem on Macs as being linked to anti-virus programs removing the anti-virus program may resolve the situation (BitDefender in my case but maybe other programs also interact badly). Alternatively making Photoshop 2020 an "Exception" may also do the trick. Both have worked for me, the removal route being 100% effective as far as I can tell on my machines but creating an "Exception" for Photoshop 2020 works well providing you take a second or two before moving a slider. If you are over eager you may still get the occasional lock up. Anyway despite what Adobe Photoshop Support told me during an on-line chat I am still convinced this is a bug introduced in version 21.1.0 as it never occurs in the earlier versions I still have installed. I'll be interested to see what happens with the next iteration of Photoshop 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Further research has shwn that on my machines running Mca OS 10.14.6 switching o  the option to use the Graphic Processor in Phooshop Preferences results in the lock up, unchecking the option clears up the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to report the same problem on my MacBook Pro running Mojave 10.14.6 and the latest version of Photoshop. Affinity Photo is becoming all the more appealing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2020 Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Smae problem here, on a MacBook Pro running Catalina and the latest version of Photoshop. No virus software interfering. This is a bug. That said, you can use the S/H adjustment if you use the arrow keys or direct numerical input to change the settings without any lock-up. If, however, you touch the sliders themselves the software will freak out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2020 Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"This is a bug."

This has been reported to Adobe. Please add your comments to the product team here:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens to me on a 2015 Macbook Pro, and I am not using Bitdefender.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens whether or not the AMD Radeon graphcs processor is selected or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines