• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 21.1.0 quits with font tool - Bad Fonts?

Engaged ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to Photoshop 21.1.0 which quits whenever I select the Font Tool or do anytng with text. I suspect I may have some bad fonts. I manage my fonts with FontBook which does not seem to offer a view with Active Fonts only. (I posted a query in the Apple Forum, but wondering if there is perhaps a specific issue with Photoshop) Does anyone here use FontBook? I suspect the best plan is to disable all fonts, except for the required Standard System Fonts. Is there a way to do that in one sequence? I'm worried that if I disable ALL FONTS, there may be issues for the time the Standard Fonts are disabled. 

Aynone know of any font specific issues with PShop 21.1.0? Also, Im running OS 10.14.6 & I wonder if that may cause issues with current PShop? (If I upgrade to Catalina, I will lose access to an important app that has not yet been updated for Catalina) Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about Photoshop crashing, please try the steps mentioned here and see if it helps: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-fonts-photoshop.html

Regards.
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about Photoshop crashing, please try the steps mentioned here and see if it helps: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-fonts-photoshop.html

Regards.
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Yes I validated all fonts & removed problem fonts. I also Restored Standard Fonts. That resolved the issues. Some of the other items in your post sound helpful too -will do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I'm facing a similar problem.

I'm using macOS Catalina (version 10.15.3 (19D76) on Macbook pro 2015. i have the latest photoshop version installed : 21.1.0 20200212.r.106 2020/02/12: 4dd027efb58  x64.

As soon as i select the type tool on my photoshop, it crashes. i have reset the preferences, reinstalled photoshop and even validated all the fonts on my mac but it didn't resolve the issue. I'm seriously worried.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

did you ever figure out issue. I am having same problem? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines