• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 21.1.1 suddenly very slow since latest windows update (1090)

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated windows and suddenly photoshop is extremely sluggish. I tried my usual troubleshooting of adjusting the RAM amount it uses, but it's not helping

Anyone has any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry that Photoshop 21.1.1 is running slower than expected. Could you please checkout the steps below:

1. Turn on the Legacy Compositing option in Performance preferences. Choose Edit > Preferences > Performance (Windows) or Photoshop > Preferences > Performance (macOS). Select Legacy Compositing. Quit and relaunch Photoshop
  2. Please checkout the steps to optimize Photoshop perrformance as mentioned in this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop/kb/optimize-photoshop-cc-performance.html
  3. Reset the app preferences for Photoshop:
    To restore preferences quickly using a keyboard shortcut: Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift as you start Photoshop. You are prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Photoshop.

Also, make sure that you back up all your custom presets, brushes & actions before restoring Photoshop's preferences. See https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preset-migration.html

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines