• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 21.1.2 is completely unusable - macOS 10.13.6

Participant ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if it updated or not, I'm not tracking it. But for some reason Photoshop started to be laggy, slow and a pain in my work flow. 

MacOS 10.13.6

MabBook Pro Mid-2012

16GB RAM, plenty of disk space in an internal SSD and 3 scratch disks. 

I've tried all possible combinations of RAM, caches and disks, but nothing is changing. Even changing application to Photoshop results in a freezing and waiting until it wakes up. Then clicking on a layer or any other action makes it freeze again. 

I'm installing a previous version now, but you guys have to solve this ASAP. This is no joke, I'm not making memes. I'm working and I need this work to be done fast.

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to learn about the poor performance of Photoshop. As you've tried some troubleshooting steps already, could you please try deselecting "Use Graphics Processor" located in Photoshop's Preferences > Performance, then relaunch Photoshop and let us know if it helps?

Is this only happening with Photoshop or any other application as well?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Sahil,

Yes, I've tried that and nothing changed. 

I'll try to upgrade to 21.1.3 to see if something changed. So far I've downgraded to 21.1.1 and it worked fine, except that it whipped all my preferences. 

It's the only application having this kind of problems. 

Thanks for your answer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines