Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacBook Pro 15" (2015) - iOS Mojave 10.14.6  

Photoshop 21.1.3

Bitdefender not installed.

Use Graphic Processor is turned on.

Ruler Turned Off.

Looks like this problem was fixed with the 21.1.1 update but I have a newer update and I didn't have an issue with this until now. I am cleaning and clipping multiple jpg images (one at a time). Duplicate layer, select Image/Adjust/Replace Color. I use the sliders to make the adjustments and the entire program just stops making me "Force Quit" and restart Photoshop. 

Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»Any suggestions?«

Do a Forum Search before posting. 

Hide the Rulers and add your vote to an existing Bug Report: 

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/photoshop-21-1-3-hue-saturation-dialog-box-bu...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That thread is closed and shows resolved... and I have already tried everything shown in that "fix" and it's not fixed. Try reading my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»I use the sliders to make the adjustments and the entire program just stops making me "Force Quit" and restart Photoshop.«

That’s the issue described in the Bug Report – sliders in Adjustment dialogs cause unresponsiveness.

Does working with hidden Rulers have no effect on the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfotunately I tried turning off the rulers, no fix. I tried making changes to my GPU preferences, restarted Photoshop, still freezing when using the Replace Color adjustment. It's strange because it only freezes if I use the sliders to adjust, if I type in the number area it works just fine, no freezing. LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The other work-around is moving the dialog window off the image window. 

If neither that nor the hidden Rulers make a difference you may want to add a post to the Bug Report (and include your System Info) – there might be even more to it. 

What have you done for general trouble-shooting so far? 

Restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved might be a good starting point:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2020 Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that I've finished with that project I'm going to try all of those things. I will keep this updated here and note anything that works. I may even uninstall and reinstall the desktop version. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are happy to announce the release of  Photoshop 21.2.

This update includes the fix for Photoshop 21.1.3: Hue Saturation dialog not responsive

Here's a list of fixed issues: Bug fixes

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected and share your feedback with us.

Regards,
Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wasn't to happy when I installed it, 21.2 will not detect older GPU's, among the other bugs been reported here, reverting to 21.1.3 fixes the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ged,

Thanks for the feedback. I will forward this feedback to the product team and get some information on it.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the feedback link. We have logged this issue as a bug and our engineering team investigating a fix. As a workaround: turning off the "Legacy Compositing" from Photoshop preferences will fix this issue for now.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This was fixed with the latest update! Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines