Exit

Photoshop 21.1 Keeps Freezing!! - macOS Catalina 10.15.3

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 21.1 Keeps Freezing!!

Running mac OS Catalina 10.15.3

I was hoping the Photoshop update would fix a lot of bugs the software had with the last version, including screens not changing when switching tabs, but not the freezing is worse than the last version's bugs.

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brandon,

Sorry to hear about the poor experience with the latest Photoshop update. As Photoshop keeps freezing, could you please try deselecting "Use Graphics Processor" located in Photoshop's Preferences > Performance, then relaunch Photoshop and let us know if it helps?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, i will not try your advice to work with, because without the Graphicscard acceleration Photoshop is super slow and if this is your workflow ok, but i would like to work the way it should work with official Apple Software and Hardware... I was trying to stay in the bright os mode (so no dark mode) it dosn't make any difference. After some time Photoshop starts using the beachball after every klick with for example the path tool. I've made some videos. There is no crash report because, the Program doesn't crash, it just freezes for 1-2min. then i can do another click and it freezes again and so on. 

Videos on adobe cloud, start with IMG_1434, then 1435, then 1436:

https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/d7cf2838-e4e8-433b-62cf-4793c5df6dc9

This videos are showing my current situation. Terrible!

Next step as announced below is to install an older version of Photoshop and hope that it works then. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I give up. I switch back to my old MacPro from 2010 with Photoshop 2018, everything was still working. I can be really annoyed what a waste of money this new Mac Pro and Catalina OS with Photoshop 2020 is.
The older version (21.0.3) had no problems with the path tool until now. BUT the transforming/moving works only super slow. I made a video here as well. It shows the slow speed and how it goes between normal and slow speed. It is both times the same layer. There is also nothing running in the background on software that needs a lot of power. How can it be on a 15K Machine????

Here are two videos to proof:

expected speed: https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/b5be4f5f-dae8-4b01-620d-3be170b246af

slow speed: https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/04db5786-b256-476a-6ecc-e8168963cf10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep having the same issue... I contacted support and they tried to fix it but never did and don't believe me. If you Turn off use graphics processor it works but then photoshop runs like complete crap so we are stuck with it for now I guess....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with freezing. Photoshop just freezes after a few minutes. Then I see the beach ball, but the program just doesn't catch it anymore. I just create a clipping with the Path tool on a sRGB image without many layers. I have a MacPro 2019 and a Vega II Duo. OSX is at 10.15.4 and Photoshop is also currently at 21.1.2.
I have the dark mode on. 

It would be nice if the software would work more stable with such simple things. My work is really coming to a standstill.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Freezing - Mac OS 10.15.4 Photoshop 21.1.3 

Hello, did anyone find a solution?  I am experiencing the same problem where the tabs will not switch when working on mulitple pictures, if you choose Windows - Arrange - Float All Windows you can sometimers recover your image in progress and save it, otherwise if you save with the tabs locked /froze, the last image will overwrite your other filename/pictures.

I have done a clean install of all of my Adobe products and experiencing the same thing, frustrating, I also installed an older version of PhotoShop and the problem followed me.  I have a Catalina update tonight, here's hoping....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having all the same issues. Projects I use to be able to do in an hour or so is taking me 3 or longer. This is a F****** joke adobe. If you are going to make me pay monthly for your software then give me software that works. You are costing me money, can I charge ADOBE for time lost? it seems that is the only fair solution. I to will not turn off my graphics processor. If that is your fix for me to work like I am on a computer from 2000 then I will just use my old laptop with CS6. I guess the positive outcome from that is I would not have to pay you any longer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are happy to announce the release of Photoshop 21.2.1 that should resolve this issue.

This update includes fixes to some of the top customer reported issues among other bug fixes. See Bug fixes and security updates

To update Photoshop to 21.2.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. 

More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. My photoshop has been updated and the problem is worse. It won't restart correctly now. I have to turn off and on a couple times before the mouse will be recognized. Any help would be great. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Still freezing. Macbook Pro 2019, Catalina, latest updates. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines