Photoshop 21.1 View Screen/Window Freezing - macOS

Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

My view window keeps freezing in PS 21.1 on 2017 27" iMac. I'll go to zoom or pan and the view will get stuck. Photoshop itself isnt freezing. I can still change tools and it even shows I'm zooming or panning with the scroll bars, but the actual view doesnt change. I can save and reopen and it goes back to normal.

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Topics

Bug, Crash or freeze, Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Explorer ,
May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a note that I disabled the 'Use Graphics Processor' option in PS for a couple days and did NOT experience the typical freezes. I was doing the same type of work that would generally cause it, and on the same types of files. 

I know it's not a solution, but thought it might help debug the root issue. I did notice some other random weird screen anomolies on occassion, that I had not seen before I switched off the graphics processor. But they didn't cause the screen to freeze. I did miss flinging the image around with scrolling, but that was also when the freeze would occur.

My machine has dual AMD FirePro D300 graphics cards, with 2GB RAM each, in case it helps.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been experiencing the same thing on 21.1.3. On Windows 10, with 32GB of ram and a GTX 1660. The window I'm working in will lock up until I close it and reopen it. It only seems to affect the file I'm currently working on, and my tool will default back to a cursor.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having this issue. It happens more frequently now to the point where the program is nearly unusable. I use pan scroll and the camera flicks to the left, if I fight it, it locks the entire program and I have to save and quit out to fix it. Im on a pc with 16 gb Ram, GTX 1080, and Ryzen 1600. This is a good program 😕

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
macz5024 LATEST
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here on a MacPro 2013, D700 6 GB VRAM, 64 GB RAM, running HighSierra. When I am checking one or more images at 100 % or larger and pan around using the space bar. I have to force quit Photoshop. Since 21.2 I at least get a recovered version of the latest image including all changes even when not saved before.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines