• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 21.2.1 crashing constantly, even when I close all other apps, only open one file on macOS

Advocate ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have been many issues over the past week with new Photoshop CC operating under OS Catalina 10.15.6 and the worst is crashing constantly. I have 16G Ram and close all other apps and nothing helps, How do I go back to the last version that I had no problems with, the prior version of CC Photoshop... I'm in a fix and have been able to do no work this week with this version of Photoshop. Please Help....

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Martijn, Sounds like exactly what I was dealing with. I made sure I had everything backed up and went ahead and used time machine to restore my computer back to the OS Mojave system and now all is working well and normally,  It took me a day to restore the system but after losing a week's worth of work struggling with the crashes I had no other choice. I even looked at getting a newer computer but I don't think that is the problem. All is well for me now and will avoid Catalina like the plague f

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop.

You can try disabling the option to Use Graphics Processor from Photoshop by going to the Preferences for Photoshop, then Performance. Once done, quit and relaunch Photoshop to check if that helps. You can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2Qzc0K3

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You, I've been having so many problems with Photoshop over the past week I've decided to erase my Hard drive and restore my system from a backup from before I upgraded. The older Photoshop version operating under the Mojave OS was working fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have the same issue this week. Working with Cataline 10.15.16 and Photoshop 21.2.1. I am in a deadline now and this is really a nightmare. I did reset the preferences and i also checked out the graphics GPU. Set it to normal, advanced, put it on/of etc. I don't know what to do.
Every time start a new file it crashes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Martijn, Sounds like exactly what I was dealing with. I made sure I had everything backed up and went ahead and used time machine to restore my computer back to the OS Mojave system and now all is working well and normally,  It took me a day to restore the system but after losing a week's worth of work struggling with the crashes I had no other choice. I even looked at getting a newer computer but I don't think that is the problem. All is well for me now and will avoid Catalina like the plague for the time being.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines