• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 21.2.1 - Unstable, slow and really really laggy

Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have A LOT of problem with the 2019+ versions of photoshop but now im having a hell experience using photoshop. I saw a lot of people have being creating tickets just like mine and none of them have being solved so im going to be one more voice here. I need my software, paid software, to work properly. 

My user scenario and case: 
I have 2 computers where i use it, here is the configurations: 

1 - Windows 10 machine
i9 9900k + 32Gb DDR4 + 1.2Tb m2 ( 3000mbs ) + RTX2080 
2 - Macbook pro touchbar 

i7 2.7ghz + 16gb + 512GB - with discrete card 

Use scenarios - 

01 - Creating advertising campaigns keyvisuals and digital pieces. Never huge files for printing. Most files are around 2k ( 100dpi max ). My ipad pro can do this and right now my very expensive computer cant. 
02 - Creating interface layout for web

03 - Editing photos in native resolution (~20-30mb)- this may be the higher resolution i go usually

I have  the same problems on both machine, here are some indicators of how bad it is: 

1 - Zoom are very slow, the files size do not make any difference.

2 - Multiple files open makes the software unusable, basically

3 - If i try to use any kind of heavier brush, well... its not really possible. 

4 - Wacom? I will not even start, i quit using tablets and photoshop already. Right now i use ipad pro as a graphic tablet.

This is some cases i do have daily and im finding myself struggling to get work done. 

I have photoshop 10+ years and right now im using for photo retouch and a lot of interface and campaign creative work but nothing really crazy in size of format or amount of layers

I have followed every tutorial on how to improve performance and sincerly this is bizarre as i worked in a very slow computer on the older version of photosho and never had any problem at all. There is any way to get to what makes photosho not even usable on such hardware or can Adobe or someone point me what kind of hardware is now required to be able to use it ? 

I guess im going to spend a bizarre amount of money if i keep photoshop on my workflow. Im really thinking on leaving the plataform if i cant solve this shortly. I have work to do and this is keeping me slow, laggy and very frustrated for months now. Right now i think Adobe is not even trying as i can find pages of complain and no answer at all for this. 

So, im paying Adobe for so many years and using adobe software for so long that his is the most frustrating experience i ever had on software. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have three machines three different platforms.     PC Windows 10,  Mac Some mac OS version and  IOS ipad pro.   You have problems with all three environments with Photoshop. 

If I were you I would  to get one environment working well.  Look at you choices I would concentrate on you Windows environment.  Because of all the changes Apple has made to Mac OS I'm seeing a lot of issues being raised in this forum.  About which version of Maco OS can run some version of Photoshop. 

IMO iPad Photoshop is missing too many of Photoshop's features. 

Now I am a Windows  user a choice I made around 1995.  Microsoft had Windows 95, Windows NT amd OS2. Apple had Apple OS7  and OS9.   All the PC/Mac Operating systems were young and had problems.

Over the years Microsoft has fixed may issues and tried to Maintain compatibility for applications.  Where the are issues with  some old application  Microsoft has add some Compatability tools and tptioms the hel get old applicatiom to function. 

I use Windows 10 and I keep it updated. I have a Wacom Induos Pro and a Nvidia Quadro k2200.   Currently I have CS2, CS3, CS6, CC 2014, CC 2018, CC 2019 and PS 2020 21.2.1 Installed.   I would not state that CS2 is unable or that you would want to use CS3.  CS6, CC 2014, CC 2018, CC 2019 and PS 2020 21.2.1 work well.  There are Bugs in all versions of Photoshop.

So IMO you should be able to get Photoshop to function well on your PC.  You may also be able to get it working well on you mac. However I would start with get it working on  windoes first.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines