• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 21.2.2 freezes at startup screen.

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop freezes at startup screen. I uninstalled and reinstalled, I also disabled the monitor calibration and updated the graphics card. I reinstalled the old version with no issues, it's just the latest update. I use Creative cloud to update

I use an ASUS Q536F-1 with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 with Max-Q Design, 2 GB video ram

{Moderator note: Edited the thread title}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

We're sorry for the freezing issue. Turn off the home screen from the Photoshop preferences and check if that helps to resolve freezing issue at the startup. Go to Photoshop > Preferences > General > Uncheck the option "Auto show the home screen" and restart Photoshop.

If the above step doesn't help then, enable the "Legacy Compositing" from Photoshop preferences. Go to Photoshop > Preferences > Performance tab > Enable "Legacy Compositing" and restart Photoshop.

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines