Highlighted

Photoshop 21.2.2 goes black screen for 3-4 seconds then opens on macOS 10.15.6

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Guys!

Hope you all are doing well!

I noticed that on. my Mac Catalina 10.15.6 with Photoshop 21.2.2 when Im launching the App, it loads and then, it went to black screen for 3-4 seconds and then it loads, and works perfectly.

I tired to speak with Customer Support, they said its completly fine but it might with lastest PS update,

any of you are facing same issue, or any suggestions about it.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop 21.2.2 goes black screen for 3-4 seconds then opens on macOS 10.15.6

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Guys!

Hope you all are doing well!

I noticed that on. my Mac Catalina 10.15.6 with Photoshop 21.2.2 when Im launching the App, it loads and then, it went to black screen for 3-4 seconds and then it loads, and works perfectly.

I tired to speak with Customer Support, they said its completly fine but it might with lastest PS update,

any of you are facing same issue, or any suggestions about it.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 01, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that Photoshop 21.2.2 glitches for a couple seconds while starting and then goes back to normal on your computer running macOS 10.15.6.

Do you notice that Photoshop load the start screen just after it recovers from the black screen glitch?

Does the app blacks out if you uncheck the option "use graphics processor" under the Preferences> Performance menu?

If the above does not help, please checkout the steps mentioned in this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-home-screen-issues.html

Thanks,

Akash

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 02, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 21.2.3 + macOS 10.15.7 on a 2020 16" MacBook Pro here and my screen goes black for a couple seconds when launching Photoshop whether the launching Photoshop is the foreground app or not. Deleting the UXP folder had no effect. I was already running with "Auto-show Home Screen" disabled and "Use Legacy New Document" enabled. What appears to have worked for me was disabling "Use Graphics Processor". Thanks for the tip Akash!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turns out disabling "Use Graphics Processor" introduces a slew of other bugs while actually using Photoshop (tabbing away from the app turns the canvas the default gray color until you zoom or otherwise interact with the canvas, when making a selection with the marquee tool random sides of the marching ants selection rectangle disappear and reappear, something inside my laptop makes grinding sounds while drag-resizing the window, etc) so it's back to the heartstopping black screen on launch for me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2020 0