Highlighted

Photoshop 21.2.2 : MacBook screen turns to black while opening the program

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My MacBook Pro 2019 16" has MacOS Catalina Version 10.15.6 and I have installed the lastest Photoshop version 21.2.2. I've already sent to diagnosis my computer and everything is ok, however the problem keeps happening. The screen turns to black and then go back to normal, I can work on Photoshop after that. Same thing with After Effects, Premiere and Media Encoder. Someone else is facing the same situation? Is a bug or something of Adobe?

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Topics

FAQ, Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop 21.2.2 : MacBook screen turns to black while opening the program

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My MacBook Pro 2019 16" has MacOS Catalina Version 10.15.6 and I have installed the lastest Photoshop version 21.2.2. I've already sent to diagnosis my computer and everything is ok, however the problem keeps happening. The screen turns to black and then go back to normal, I can work on Photoshop after that. Same thing with After Effects, Premiere and Media Encoder. Someone else is facing the same situation? Is a bug or something of Adobe?

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Topics

FAQ, Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop and the other Adobe apps. Do you have a dual graphics card setup on the MacBook? If yes, please try disabling the option for Automatic Grpahics switching. Please check: https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT202043

Also, you can try changing the color profile of the monitor to sRGB. Go to System Preferences > Displays, then click the Color tab, and you’ll see a list. Select the sRGB 2.1 profile from the list.

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, I updated the settings of both alternatives.

I'll let you know how do apps perform these days.

Thanks Nikunj!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines