• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 21.2.2 update: app crashed and now all presets missing.

Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the recent update to 21.2.2, I was blessed with some undocumented features

First, photoshop would crash on startup.  Mulitple reboots fixed this issue.

The bigger problem is that all of my recent documents and all of my actions are now gone.  I will have to re-create the custom actions I had built for regular batch work that I need to do.   😞

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Sorry that the recent update to v 21.2.2 of Photoshop has somehow deleted your recent files and custom actions.

What is the operating system you're working with? It seems that while updating you did not migrated presets from the previous version.

Would you mind checking the steps mentioned in this article https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/migrate-actions.html and let us know if that helps?

Thanks,

Akash 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information.

Those steps would have worked.  I will need to be sure to save actions in the future.

Unfortunately I think I had to re-create them due to timelines.

Your help is appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the heads up.  If you have any other query or need further assistance, feel free to get back to us anytime.

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines