Highlighted

Photoshop 21.2.3 on macOS 10.15.6 same old Problem - freezes when scrolling

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't even know how long I have to endure this bug, but definitely since 3 updates.

If I edit a JPG, drag a selection, enlarge and move the view and continue the selection or editing in another tool, the image freezes when I move the view. The picture must be closed, the processing must be done after reopening the picture. PS does not crash, no error message etc. It stands still, can still be saved, but all current selections are lost. With 100 images it happens about 4 times that a single image freezes during processing. I mean this is a simple action that is used all the time... a colleague with the same technical equipment has exactly the same problem. 

Does anyone else have this problem? Will there be a solution for this?

{Thread title edited by moderator}

TOPICS
Bug, Crash or freeze, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop 21.2.3 on macOS 10.15.6 same old Problem - freezes when scrolling

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't even know how long I have to endure this bug, but definitely since 3 updates.

If I edit a JPG, drag a selection, enlarge and move the view and continue the selection or editing in another tool, the image freezes when I move the view. The picture must be closed, the processing must be done after reopening the picture. PS does not crash, no error message etc. It stands still, can still be saved, but all current selections are lost. With 100 images it happens about 4 times that a single image freezes during processing. I mean this is a simple action that is used all the time... a colleague with the same technical equipment has exactly the same problem. 

Does anyone else have this problem? Will there be a solution for this?

{Thread title edited by moderator}

TOPICS
Bug, Crash or freeze, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 28, 2020 0
nikunj.m LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop. Please ensure you have Photoshop 2020 added to the Accessibility list for macOS. You can go to the System Preferences for your Mac, then Security and Privacy, then select select the Privacy tab. Then select Accessibility from the list to the left. If you do not see Photoshop 2020 in the list, you can add it by first unlocking the window using the lock at the bottom left, then clicking the + icon and navigating to the Applications folder. Once done, restart the computer to check if it helps.

You can also try disabling the option to Use Graphics Processor from Photoshop by going to the Preferences, then Performance. Once done, quit and relaunch Photoshop to check how it goes.

You can also check: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/optimize-photoshop-cc-performance.html

Regards,

Nikunj

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2020 1