Highlighted

Photoshop 21.2.3 on Windows 10: Marquee selection preview color?

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 Photoshop CC 21.2.3  When I use the rectangular or elliptical marquee selection tools, the preview as I am dragging to create the selection area is a thin 1 pixel black line. This is near impossble to see when working on dark images or designs. I only get marching ants when I release the tool and then I can see that's its too big, too small, or incorrectly positioned.  I cannot find a preference for changing it to ants or another color.

{Thread title edited by moderator}

TOPICS
Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop 21.2.3 on Windows 10: Marquee selection preview color?

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 Photoshop CC 21.2.3  When I use the rectangular or elliptical marquee selection tools, the preview as I am dragging to create the selection area is a thin 1 pixel black line. This is near impossble to see when working on dark images or designs. I only get marching ants when I release the tool and then I can see that's its too big, too small, or incorrectly positioned.  I cannot find a preference for changing it to ants or another color.

{Thread title edited by moderator}

TOPICS
Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 07, 2020 0
nikunj.m LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop. Please ensure you have all available Windows updates installed on the computer and update Photoshop to 21.2.4 through the Creative Cloud desktop app to check if that helps.

You can also try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2Qzc0K3

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG

Please let us know if it helps!

Regards,

Nikunj

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 09, 2020 0