• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 21.2.3 - Windows 10 PC problemo

Participant ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im running PS 21.2.3 On a Windows machine. It has 64 GB ram has a Nividia Graphics card  and uses Windows 10  I recently moved from mac to PC and im experiencing an issue ive never had in the Mac world.  While doing repetative things in Photoshop such as pathing or using the spot healing tool. Suddnely PS freezes up, i can no longer do anything on the image im retouching. I can save the image i can move tool pallets around but i cant do anything with the image, this requires me to force quit PS  its happened 3 times today, ive even restarted the PC and it still does this.   If anyone can help. Please advise

{Thread title edited by moderator}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks like a GPU issue

Can you go to Help >System info and press copy , then paste the info here

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop. Please ensure you have all available Windows updates and the latest Graphics card drivers installed on the computer.

You can try disabling the option to Use Graphics Card from Photoshop by going to the Preferences, then Performance. Once done, quit and relaunch Photoshop to check if it helps. If it does, you can try the steps suggested here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html

Let us know if it helps!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also go Preferences > Performance  and see what GPU Photoshop is using.

Click on Advanced Settings  to see what Drawing mode is set.  Try changing it.

Try unchecking Use Graphics Processor and restart Photoshop.  If the problem goes away, then that indicates the GPU driver as Dave said.

Make sure your GPU driver is fully up to date, and from the Nvidia site.  System Info will tell us if that is the case.

[EDIT] I cross posted with the last poster there, and our info overlapped.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im Gonna turn off the Graphics processor ands see if it does it. 

Screenshot 2020-09-18 091434.png

Screenshot 2020-09-18 091249.png

  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I turned off the processor and restarted PS I opened this image and hit the F key. This is what i got, as soon as i zoomed out the image corrected itself. I did this twice, i will continue. 

robertm98079738_0-1600435416959.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you do as Dave asked earlier? Go to Help > System info and press copy, then paste the info here.

~Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines