Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 21.2.4 Lagging on macOS 10.15.6

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi —
I'm experiencing significant lagging on PS v21.2.4 especially when clicking into type layers or clicking back into the PS window from another application. It takes several seconds of the color wheel before PS responds.

I am running a MacBook Pro 16" with Catalina v10.15.6:
— 2.4GHz 8-Core Intel i9
— 64GB 2667 MHz DDR4
— AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536MB

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop. Please ensure you have added Photoshop to check Accessibility list for macOS. You can check that by going to the System Preferences for your Mac, then Security and Privacy, then select the Privacy tab. Then select Accessibility from the list to the left and check if Photoshop 2020 is added to the list. If not, please add Photoshop 2020 to the list by unlocking the window using the lock at the bottom left, then clicking the + icon and navigating to the Applications folder. Also, grant permissions to Photoshop under Full disk access. Once done, restart your Mac before testing the application.

You can try optimizing the preferences of Photoshop using the steps suggested here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/optimize-photoshop-cc-performance.html

If you still experience issues, you can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2Qzc0K3

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I am also having similar problems.  I've been getting the spinning wheel for about 3 seconds whenever I switch tools, whenever I switch out of Photoshop and back into it, and selecting a new color from the color palette (plus other more random times).  I've tried downloading the new Photoshop 2020 AND 2021, no change. I think it's actually worse in 2021. I've granted Photoshop (both 2020 & 2021) Accessibility & Full Drive Access in my Security preferences.  I've fiddled with Photoshop's preferences, optimized, reset etc and no noticable difference. 

I'm working on:

2019 MacBook Pro running macOS Catalina v10.15.6

2.4 GHz 8core Intel i9

32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro Vega 20 4 GB

Intel UHD Graphics 630

So I was going to try and regress back to 2019, but I don't have the option in Creative Cloud! 2019 isn't even an option! Please give me something else to try, this is driving me nuts and costing me so much time!

Thank you

Ashley

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A quick update:

I deleted and reset PS's preferences by going in to the file structure and deleting the preference files, and was VERY excited that the lag stopped!!  ....for about 4 days.  The lag has started again, rather suddenly last night.  I haven't changed anything, updated anything or even closed the program.  The most common time it lags is when I choose a new color or go into the color picker or switch tools via a hotkey.  Sometimes it appears to switch to the Text tool when I haven't selected it.  There is no brush lag. I hope that helps you fix this problem ASAP.

@nikunj.m Please help!  This is costing me a lot of time at work.  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have the same problem. Really annoying when switching a tool or i can't see the mouse on the canvas. It's so strange when you don't know where you are with your mouse until you reached your picture or a menu bar. But that happens mostly when tools with brushes are involved.

Sometimes i even get a black screen for a few seconds when i start photoshop.

I'm working with a MacBook Pro 16"

2,3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB

Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Photoshop CS6 runs way more smoothly on my old 2011 MacBook.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines