• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 21.2.4 not launching, freezing on adding extensions (Halide Bottlenecks) on macOS Catalina

Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Photoshop 2020 stop worked, I not remember the version when the program was Ok on Mac Catalina, but after some upgrade it stop to start and it stays freezing, loading/adding extension Halide Bottlenecks.

After read some 'solutions' Im still not able to start photoshop.

I unistall lightroom, photoshop, bridge and the application creative cloud, these are the only apps that I use. after that I install and run the adobe cleanertool. and reinstall creative cloud and photoshop 2020 last version only, and the problem persist.

I install the last version available of Photoshop 2019 without unistall PS2020 and the same issue ocur. Other thing that I do was to press Shift + Ps Icon and now the Ps program shows different extension loading/adding MMXCore Routines.

Other solution that I tried was to go to path ~/Library/Preferences/Adobe/Photoshop <year of version>/Settings/ and remove the presets 'in conflict', but the Setings folder not exist. The only folder that I see is this, DVADialogPrefs. And I dont think this work for me, I not use custom presets.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)

2.9 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i7

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

Photoshop 21.2.4 (21.2.4)

Thanks.

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop. Please try the steps suggested in the article: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/freeze-on-launch.html

The issue you're facing may also be due to corrupt fonts or color profiles on the system. Please check: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-fonts-photoshop.html

You can also test the color profiles installed on the Mac by going to the Color Sync utility.

Please let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I delete font cache folder from 3 different locations, ( Photoshop 2019, 2020, 2021) and system font cache.

That help to solve the problem.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the update! Please feel free to reach out if you need assistance with anything else related to the apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines