• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 21.2.4 not recognizing jpg files after todays update

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Photoshop 21.2.4 (after today's update) on a mac running macOS High Sierra V 10.13.6. Ever since today's update, I receive an error message stating: Could not open "filename.jpg" because the file was not found.

I see a message in the creative cloud interface stating that the latest version of photoshop (V22.0) is not compatible with my OS, so it doesn't / cant update.

After researching the forums, it seems like a possible solution is disabling the Graphics Processor - which I tried, but it did nothing. Another suggestion I've seen is that Camera Raw might be the problem. Camera Raw DID update to v 13.0 according to the CC interface, however, when I try to access it's preferences through photoshop, I see the message "Could not complete the Camera Raw command because the file was not found". I'm guessign the two problems may be linked, but I'm not sure how to resolve the issue? 

It seems .jpg's are the only affected file types, .psd open fine, as do .eps, .tif, .png etc. however .gif's throw the error "Could not open Filename because of a problem with the file-format module interface.

I have a co-worker with an identical system who has not performed any updates yet who is having no problems, and I was working on the same files just fine prior to the update, so I do not think this is related to my system or the image files I'm working with.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Explorer , Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

I've just post the solution. I try to translate from Italian.

To solve the problem proceed as follows:

1) go to the link download in the my previuous post

2) so download version 12.2.1 of raw camera - install it.

3) restart photoshop

everything will now work properly. the problem is given by the incompatibility of raw camera 13 with the new versions of photoshop and lightroom . This is because the Mac OS HIGHT Sierra 10.13.6 operating system is no longer compatible with future raw camera versions. Yo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

To any others suffering this problem, emilio rescigno from Italy had the solution to this problem, here are his own words (translated):

3) restart photoshop

everything will now work properly. the problem is given by the incompatibility of raw camera 13 with the new versions of photoshop and l

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the same problem since yesterday; I hope someone can help us. I tried to install the pluggin of camera raw again and it was not posible. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem after running update on other Adobe CC apps. My OS is High Sierra 10.13.6 also. Help would be greatly appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also sadly dicovered that the latest update of Camera Raw… V13.0 will not open in Photoshop 21.2.4

Dialog box says file could not be found. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ciao a tutti.  Per risolvere il problema procedete cosi':

1) andate qui:  camera raw download

2) scaricate la versione 12.2.1 di camera raw

3) riavviate photoshop

tutto ora funzionerà a dovere.      il problema è dato dalla incompatibilità di camera raw 13 con le nuove versioni di photoshop e lightroom . Questo perchè il sistema operativo di Mac OS HIGHT SIerra 10.13.6 non è piu' compatibile con le future versini di camera raw. Occorre difatti la versione OS 10.14 e successive. Ergo: occorrerà poi  cambiare computer.  Spero  di essere stato utile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dimenticavo: scaricate la versione 12.2.1 e installatela, poi riavviate il pc. Forse l'ho dato troppo per scontato ma preferisco precisarlo.   La versione precedente andrà a sostituire la versione piu recente. Non cancellate quindi cartelle o altro.  Ciao.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ricordatevi di andare poi su app store e disabilitare gli aggiornamenti automatici altrimenti al prossimo aggiornamento sarete punto e a capo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

scusate, incompatibilità con le vecchio versioni ovviamente.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Grazie mille!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much dear Emilio!  I had the same problem that you solved.  I spent more than 2 hours yesterday with the Adobe expert and couldn't help.  Mille Grazie caro amico!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem! It´s sad that if someone can´t upload photoshop due to the OS, these troubles appear!

HELP US PLEASEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3) restart photoshop

everything will now work properly. the problem is given by the incompatibility of raw camera 13 with the new versions of photoshop and lightroom . This is because the Mac OS HIGHT Sierra 10.13.6 operating system is no longer compatible with future raw camera versions. You need OS version 10.14 and later. Ergo: you will need to change your computer. I hope I have been useful.
The previous version 12.2.1 will replace the newer version. Do not delete folders or anything else.
Remember to go then to app store and disable automatic updates otherwise you'll be back to the next update.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

All the best!   Emilio  ;O)    www.emiliorescignostudio.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the incompatibility is with the older version of photoshop obviously, not the latest. ;O)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Emilio! Grazie! It worked perfectly. Ciao!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot Emilio!!! I am so happy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Emilio, grazie mille per la tua risposta dettagliata! La tua soluzione ha funzionato perfettamente e ha risolto il mio problema: Adobe deve pagarti profumatamente per aver aiutato tutti noi in questo thread!

(Perdonate qualsiasi traduzione orribile, ho usato Google per tradurla, quindi potrebbe essere fortunato!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Perfect! Thank You!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated from Photoshop 2020 thru Creative Cloud on Windows 10 to Photoshop 2021  and can't open any format of pictures, get this message everytime, even when trying to exit the app... "could not complete your request due to program error"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Photoshop 21.4 and updated CamerRaw at which point my images would not open. Uninstalled and reinstalled Photoshop with no success. Contacted help desk and after taking control of my computer I downloaded and installed previous version of CameraRaw 12_2_1 and everything now works well. I do not want to upgrade my MacOS as there are some programs I have that will not work with new system but will eventually have to as Photoshop has moved past my High Sierra system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To any others suffering this problem, emilio rescigno from Italy had the solution to this problem, here are his own words (translated):

3) restart photoshop

everything will now work properly. the problem is given by the incompatibility of raw camera 13 with the new versions of photoshop and lightroom . This is because the Mac OS HIGHT Sierra 10.13.6 operating system is no longer compatible with future raw camera versions. You need OS version 10.14 and later. Ergo: you will need to change your computer. I hope I have been useful.

The previous version 12.2.1 will replace the newer version. Do not delete folders or anything else.

Remember to go then to app store and disable automatic updates otherwise you'll be back to the next update.

And lastly, here is the download link in English so you can read Adobe's instructions (be sure to grab 12.2.1 installer if you're using the same OS as I am!):

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines