Highlighted

Photoshop 21.2 - Canvas greys out when not an active window and changing Hue/Saturation on Mac

Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My canvas annoyingly greys out every time I leave Photoshop and come back to it. I have to zoom in to get rid of the grey. It also happens when I am using Curves, changing Hue/Saturation, and Levels.

I already tried the following but nothing has changed:

- Does turning on (or off, depending on the current settings) Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Legacy Compositing and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 

- Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 

- Also, retrieving a background layer but the problem persists.

I've had this issue before and after the latest Ps update. I am running Ps on a mac. Any help is appreciated!

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Hi there,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop since the latest update. Do you experience the issue while working with artboards? If yes, then the behavior you are experiencing has been logged as a bug and our product team is investigating it further.

Please check: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/a-problem-on-the-latest-photoshop-21-2-blank-gray-canvas

You can revert to the previous version of Photoshop using the steps suggested in the link: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

Please uninstall the latest version through the Creative Cloud desktop app first and select the option to Keep preferences. Once done, install the previous version of the app.

Regards,

Nikunj

TOPICS
Bug, Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop 21.2 - Canvas greys out when not an active window and changing Hue/Saturation on Mac

Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My canvas annoyingly greys out every time I leave Photoshop and come back to it. I have to zoom in to get rid of the grey. It also happens when I am using Curves, changing Hue/Saturation, and Levels.

I already tried the following but nothing has changed:

- Does turning on (or off, depending on the current settings) Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Legacy Compositing and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 

- Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 

- Also, retrieving a background layer but the problem persists.

I've had this issue before and after the latest Ps update. I am running Ps on a mac. Any help is appreciated!

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Hi there,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop since the latest update. Do you experience the issue while working with artboards? If yes, then the behavior you are experiencing has been logged as a bug and our product team is investigating it further.

Please check: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/a-problem-on-the-latest-photoshop-21-2-blank-gray-canvas

You can revert to the previous version of Photoshop using the steps suggested in the link: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

Please uninstall the latest version through the Creative Cloud desktop app first and select the option to Keep preferences. Once done, install the previous version of the app.

Regards,

Nikunj

TOPICS
Bug, Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 26, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Please check: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/a-problem-on-the-latest-photoshop-21-2-blank-...

Regards,

Nikunj

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 26, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That fixed the problem! Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 26, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why hasn't the product been fixed? It is very frustrating to be a professional and to be told just use our previous product. Any updates run the risk of destroying functionality and productivity. I have had issues with brushes (default ones) after this update as well. This makes me want to never update a piece of Adobe software once I have it working. Rarely seems worth the headache. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2020 1