Highlighted

Photoshop 21.2 image flashing to a full grey screen

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed the newest Photoshop V21.2. Everytime i switch screens, or zoom in/out the screen turns grey.. It's super annoying and it's very inefficient. The same when I want to retouch something, the grey area stays in place instead of the result. 

Anyone knows how to solve this? Thanks!

Schermafbeelding 2020-06-20 om 20.26.40.pngSchermafbeelding 2020-06-20 om 20.30.52.png

TOPICS
Bug, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop 21.2 image flashing to a full grey screen

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed the newest Photoshop V21.2. Everytime i switch screens, or zoom in/out the screen turns grey.. It's super annoying and it's very inefficient. The same when I want to retouch something, the grey area stays in place instead of the result. 

Anyone knows how to solve this? Thanks!

Schermafbeelding 2020-06-20 om 20.26.40.pngSchermafbeelding 2020-06-20 om 20.30.52.png

TOPICS
Bug, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 20, 2020 3
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happenign to me as well. Since the update, the screen goes grey randomly. Also when I click into a text box, it will flash grey.

I've attached a screenshot of when I click into the textbox. Grey squares appear. Also happens when transforming or zooming in and out.

MacOS 10.15.4

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 24, 2020 2
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going through the same problem, It's super annoying!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 24, 2020 1
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's happening to me too and it's more than just annoying. I often need to show clients something I am working in PhotoShop in comparison to another document or sample image. Unless I make sure and have the PhotoShop window active all they see is the grey box. I am also noticing that as I am working between layers and moving images around the placement of a layer retains the old position unless I click a layer off, then back on, and then it will refresh with the new placement.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 24, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here (black or gray) — and even more annoying, though, is when instead of going black or gray it starts flashing/pulsating until I click back on to the PSD window!  I've increased memory allocated to PSD beyond the recommended, have a secondary drive as an extra scratch disk.  All was working fine before the update.  Have several big projects I'm trying to finish, and these bugs are sooooo distracting.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 25, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Mac OS 10.15.6

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that, could you please check and confirm which exact version of Photoshop you're on? You can verify that by going to Help > System Info.

Also, please try deselecting "Use Graphics Processor" located in Photoshop's Preferences > Performance, then relaunch Photoshop and let us know if it helps.

If the option for the graphics processor was already off then try turning it on by checking it and let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Sahil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2020 0