• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 21.2 is now available.

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are happy to announce the release of Photoshop 21.2.

What’s in the 21.2 update? 

To update Photoshop to 21.2, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. 

More detailed instructions for updating

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great build,  digging the new icon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Creative Cloud on both of my computers doesn't show the updates, they just say Open, for both Lightroom Classic and Photoshop. Both apps are still the older version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried clicking Check for updates? That's what made them appear for me.

John_Waller_0-1592344621787.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rotatable Patterns – great! 

But the reports on new problems already trickle in … 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

21.2 isn't recognising older GPU's, reverting to 21.1.3 fixes the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Legacy Compositing now malfunctions on some configurations at least the question arises:

Does the current Compositing Engine realiably work as intended now with »all« recognized GPUs? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Already uninstalled this update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest update isn't showing up on my CC desktop app - it still shows that 21.1.3 is the most recent version.  Is there a delay to certain users?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's some bugs in this new update as is always the case with Adobe, if you have an old GPU 21.2 may not detect it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My GPU is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX....is that old already? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The GTX 680mx was release in 2012, it may work, the only way to find out is to install the update and check the performance tab in preferences

If your GPU doesn't show up there, you'll need to revert back to 21.1.3

2020-06-16 19_15_48-Window.png

You can check for updates via the CC app

2020-06-16 19_22_39-Window.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem was that the update to 21.2 isn't showing up as available on the Creative Cloud app dashboard online so I can't install it.  Creative Cloud is telling me that the latest version available is 21.1.3, which I'm already running (but the bugs are making it really annoying).  Thanks for trying to help though, I appreciate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sea16, sorry the update isn't showing up for you. 

Typically that means you'll want to check for updates as Ged suggests above. 

More info on that and some other ways to get the app updates to show up here: Updates not listed in Creative Cloud desktop app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pete, are updates still rolled out by time zones to ease the load on servers?  I remember a few years ago we could log out of the Desktop Application Manager and log back in to get the jump on that feature, but I have a feeling it doesn't work like that now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor, I'm not sure exactly how the updates are rolled out timewise/loadwise geographically. From what I can tell these days, logging out and back in is no better than choosing the "Check for Updates" option or CMD+Option (Ctrl+alt) + R to relaunch Creative Cloud desktop.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Pete

The issue with Photoshop version 21.2 not detecting older GPU's has been fixed in version 21.2.1 but there's no mention of it in the bug fixes

Find issues fixed in the latest release of Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can remember threads about issues with the 600 series GPUs from a while back, but a lot of those old threads have been deleted sad to say.  The bottom line is that yes, your GPU could be causing your problem.  In order to make the most of newer hardware, it seems that older hardware and operating systems can become incompatible with the latest software versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines