Highlighted

Photoshop 21.2 - issue with workspace

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshops default workspace when loading after update is a black screen with a thin bar at the top with menu selections. How do I set default workspace to be something like "essentials" when it starts?

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop 21.2 - issue with workspace

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshops default workspace when loading after update is a black screen with a thin bar at the top with menu selections. How do I set default workspace to be something like "essentials" when it starts?

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop 21.2 Would you mind telling us which operating system are you working on?

You can try going to the Window menu in Photoshop, then Workspace, then select Essentials. If that doesn't help, you can try resetting the workspace using the Reset Essesntials option in the Workspace menu.

Screenshot_2.png

Please let us know if it helps!

Regards,

Nikunj

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I go to the top select Window, Workspace, Essentials default, the default workspace launches, however if I go to top left and select File, New.. nothing happens. If I close out Photoshop it restarts with no workspace and just a black screen with menu bar at top. This is on a Windows 10 computer with the latest updates.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uninstalled photoshop and reinstalled older version, ver 21.1.3, and everything works again. Clearly, the update is the problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was having more trouble where shortcuts on my desktop were having a solid color show up behind them. Decided to uninstall all creative cloud software from my PC. Reinstalled Cloud and applications and now all apps working beautifully. Maybe too many updates corrupted something, but clean install of all fixed problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My workspace had been returned to the default after the update.  I was going to undo the update and restore my computer back to preveious day.  I finally as a last resort clicked reset shelle workspace and it resorted to my preferred.  Such a relief.  Maybe that will work for you ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines