• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

M: Photoshop 21.2 Redraw Bug

Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to the 21.2 version. Now, whenever I use any transform function. The background of that doesn't redraw properly but instead seems like it leaves a preview of where the image used to be. Almost like a duplicate layer except there is no dup. Glitchy.

{Moderator Note: PS 49561}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

We are happy to announce the release of Photoshop 21.2.1 that should resolve this issue.

This update includes fixes to some of the top customer reported issues among other bug fixes. See Bug fixes and security updates

To update Photoshop to 21.2.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. See More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

In preferences disable Legacy Compositing and restart Photoshop to see if it help

2020-06-17 08_12_35-Adobe Photoshop 2020.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Not sure why but that did fix the problem.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That fixed it for me as well, thanks for posting.

I thought I was going mad having all those copies of images every time I moved something.......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know exactly what you mean!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This is exactly the fix I needed. Everything was ghosting. I had to toggle the background layer off and on to get rid of the ghosts. What a relief to be done with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does Legacy Composting do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem.  Solution listed seems to work.  Really frustrating that the software suddenly decided to behave in a different manner and the answer is an obscure check box deep in a performance preference.   Before reading this I did discover that toggeling the background layer off then back on would remove the artifacts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. Then I turned off Legacy Compostion in the Performance Preference and that made it stop.

Thanks, but why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new layer compositing engine from 2019 shifts the actual processing to the GPU. When working correctly, it's faster and more efficient.

However, it's also vulnerable to video driver bugs.

Legacy compositing turns this off and reverts to the old layer compositing executed by the CPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the explaination.  You state that the compositing engine from 2019 made the shift to the GPU.  I'm curious why this issue did nto appear until the latest release in 2020?  For me it started right after the latest update.  As a Mac user I wish that the Adobe products I pay for would make better use of the GPU in general, so its a bit disapointing that I have to turn off one feature where the GPU is actually being used.  May I assume that the good people at Adobe are working with the various vendors to resolve these issues?  Please let me know if providing my system specifications would be helpful. I'll be happy to assist.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are erratic and marginal issues. It only takes one line of changed code to expose a latent bug that you didn't see before.

For the vast majority (myself included) this works entirely without problems.

In some cases resetting Photoshop preferences may help. Small errors and corruption in the prefs file may, again, show up in a new version with changed code. The prefs file is resaved on every exit, so errors accumulate over time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked great! I was going insane trying to figure out this weird bug! Thanks!

Oddworx Media LLC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I originally posted this bug I had spent a few hours of insanity trying to figure this out. There wasn't a post yet and I had the same feeling! Glad this helped out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely saved me hours of troubleshooting and frustration. Thanks again!

Oddworx Media LLC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still getting this with and without Legacy compositing checked.

hmmm...
I reinstalled v21.1.3 and 2019... both worked fine and don't have this issue... seems like just a v21.2 thing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have the same problem despite following the instruction, had to downgrade to 21.1.3 !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to move a layer, a duplicate appear and stays on the background. 

This happens after I've updated to 21.2.0. I tried to restart my mac and clear my Photoshop preference the bug still happens. Please if anybody has a solution, do suggest. Adobe help me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevermind
I've rollback to version 21.1.3. the bug resolved. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That works... Thanks!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having similar issues with the new update. It's quite buggy. Rolling back for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not even turning off GPU usage seems to have an effect on this … turning off »Legacy Compositing« seems to, though. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted a Report over on feedback.photoshop.com in case you want to add your vote: 

Photoshop 21.2: Moving layer leaves duplicate/shadow image

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I've asked enginnering to take a look. The workaround is to disable "Legacy Compositing" under Preferences > Performance. Note: Legacy Compositing is off by default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines