• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 21.2: Won't "save as".

Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 21:2 won't save. I have unistalled several times including powering down my computer. I have pushed alt-ctrl-shift and deleted preferences. Nothing I do works. I have had to revert back to 21.1.3. Anyone know the fix for this problem? Is anyone else having this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

An Adobe engineer fixed my problem. He had to log into my computer. He ran a clean up program, deleted every instance of Adobe anything, and reinstalled. It works now! Thank you for your time and your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you try to use "Save As"? What is your environment platform OS version hardware?  Adobe testing is poor but not so poor that they would release an update that brakes Save as on all machines.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply and your time!

Here is my environment info:

Processor: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 V2 @ 3.70-GHz 3.70 GHz

System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64 based processor

Edition: Windows 10 Pro

Version 1903

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, when I click "Save as" it does absolutely nothing. When I then attempt to close PS 21.2, it asks me it I want to save my file before exiting. I reply "yes" and it goes but does nothing at all. I ended up having to just say "no" so it would close. Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not fix the problem but thank you very much for your time and help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your Photoshop Preferences may be corrupt.  Un-installing Photoshop does not delete users preferences. and installing Photoshop does not initialize users preferences.   Use Photoshop menu Edit>Preferences>General Ctrl+K then Click on "Reset Preferences On Quit" the click OK then close Photoshop. Open Photoshop see if Save As works...

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I just did this and it did not fix the problem. I can export and save but I cannot save as which is what I need to do to create a .psd. Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An Adobe engineer fixed my problem. He had to log into my computer. He ran a clean up program, deleted every instance of Adobe anything, and reinstalled. It works now! Thank you for your time and your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear...

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How did you get an Adobe Engineer? I am on a MAC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines