Highlighted

Photoshop 22.0.0 doesn't use GPU when opening it from a file with hidden artboards and layers

Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my work I often open files with hidden artboards and layers. I then turn some of them on, but I can't use GPU features like scrabby zoom because Photoshop 22.0.0 doesn't use GPU until I save the file and restart PS. My GPU support is set to Advanced in the Settings, of course.

To test this, create a simple file with artboards and layers like the one attached. Uncheck them all, save and restart Photoshop by clicking on that file. GPU features will be gone, no matter what you do after the file is open 😞 The only way to get them back is to show at least one layer, save the file and restart.

I hope this will be fixed in the new PS release.

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop 22.0.0 doesn't use GPU when opening it from a file with hidden artboards and layers

Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my work I often open files with hidden artboards and layers. I then turn some of them on, but I can't use GPU features like scrabby zoom because Photoshop 22.0.0 doesn't use GPU until I save the file and restart PS. My GPU support is set to Advanced in the Settings, of course.

To test this, create a simple file with artboards and layers like the one attached. Uncheck them all, save and restart Photoshop by clicking on that file. GPU features will be gone, no matter what you do after the file is open 😞 The only way to get them back is to show at least one layer, save the file and restart.

I hope this will be fixed in the new PS release.

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 16, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe changed GPU support and state old GPU may be of limited use.  Many users will find they need to get newer hardware and device support to use Photoshop 2021

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 16, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know. I haven't found the list for PS 2021, but I have NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 (with the latest drivers), which is probably okay. So it's unlikely to be the reason for the issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 16, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't edit my posts for some reason. Just wanted to add that GPU works absolutely fine when I open a file with visible layers.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 16, 2020 0