Photoshop 22.0.1 / Big Sur Can't Save due to Program Error Among Many Other Problems

New Here ,
Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Macbook Pro 2015 (meets requirements listed on adobe site)

Photoshop: Full updated 

Problems:

1) Can't use the Save function 100% of the time (Can't save due to a program error message comes up)

2) Can't use the Save As Function 75% of the time (Can't save due to a program error message comes up)

3) Lighting effects do not work. (When I attempt to apply any of the lighting effects in the lighting effects window nothing happens.)

4) Export As function does not work (There is only a blank window that comes up when I open Export As)

5) Export As a JPG does not work. Literally nothing happens.

6) When working on a Smart Object layer, it will not save unless I flatten the image, which for obvious reasons in a PITA

7) None of the work arounds / solutions listed on the Adobe community threads help.

Conclusion: Massive amount of time, work and money lost. (Which seems to be the trend with end of the year Adobe updates)

TOPICS
Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop 22.0.1 / Big Sur Can't Save due to Program Error Among Many Other Problems

New Here ,
Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Macbook Pro 2015 (meets requirements listed on adobe site)

Photoshop: Full updated 

Problems:

1) Can't use the Save function 100% of the time (Can't save due to a program error message comes up)

2) Can't use the Save As Function 75% of the time (Can't save due to a program error message comes up)

3) Lighting effects do not work. (When I attempt to apply any of the lighting effects in the lighting effects window nothing happens.)

4) Export As function does not work (There is only a blank window that comes up when I open Export As)

5) Export As a JPG does not work. Literally nothing happens.

6) When working on a Smart Object layer, it will not save unless I flatten the image, which for obvious reasons in a PITA

7) None of the work arounds / solutions listed on the Adobe community threads help.

Conclusion: Massive amount of time, work and money lost. (Which seems to be the trend with end of the year Adobe updates)

TOPICS
Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 23, 2020 1

Have something to add?