Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 22.0.1 Crashing / Lagging Suddenly on Mac

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have been using 22 for the last 9 days or so with minimal issues, I have had random occorances where my cursor will just be an arrow no matter the settings, and I have to do a full reboot of my computer to solve this issue.  But that hasnt happened in a couple days and is not the main reason why I am writing... just something else to think about...

ANYWAYS....

I have been working all day, and have had no issues until a few minuites ago, while retouching and image.  I was trying to free transform a VERY SMALL copied piece of the picture to layer it and adjust its perspective.  All of a sudden, photoshop stopped showing a preview of the transformation.  Wouldnt complete the transformation.  When I attempt to apply it, it runs INSANLY SLOW, then locks up and crashes.   I have also noticed substantial lag when opening the PSD to try to work on it... which is not normal my MBP is super quick normally....  Hardley ever see a progress bar... anyhow, I am a bit stumped.  And I HAVE to get back to work as I have a deadline on this project that is rapidly approaching and I cant afford to be down for more than a few hours, maybe a day....

SO FAR I have tried...

-Adjusted Scratch Disks

-Running on and off the external graphics 

-cleared ALL the caches from bridge and photoshop

-Clear all the casches and temporary files off my computer

-rebooted the computer 4 times

-repaired permissions

??????

Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop. Would you mind telling us the macOS version you're working on? Did the issue started after a macOS updates or any changes you made to the system (like install a new application)?

You can try optimizing the Preferences of Photoshop using the steps suggested here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/optimize-photoshop-cc-performance.html

If the issue persists, you can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2Qzc0K3

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines