Photoshop 22.0.1 Extreme Lag

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This version is completely unusable on my PC. It takes forever to load and once it does, doing ANYTHING takes forever. Clicking File to open a file will just hang. Closing any dialog box will do the same. Adjusting Levels lags severely. I've scoured the forums and Google to figure out how to fix this issue and nothing works. The only thing that DID work was PS 2019 and that option is now gone. PLEASE HELP!

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop 22.0.1 Extreme Lag

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This version is completely unusable on my PC. It takes forever to load and once it does, doing ANYTHING takes forever. Clicking File to open a file will just hang. Closing any dialog box will do the same. Adjusting Levels lags severely. I've scoured the forums and Google to figure out how to fix this issue and nothing works. The only thing that DID work was PS 2019 and that option is now gone. PLEASE HELP!

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 29, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you machine still meets Photoshop requirements  that your GPU is supported and your device drivers are up to date.  Please read about all the know issues Adobe has posted see if your issues are listed. https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/known-issues.html#ps-desktop 

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 30, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same. It absolutely hangs. Since 22 and 22.0.1 updates, I've been struggling with this as well. Uninstalled and installed 21.2.4 and no problems (see screenshot; installing older version worked for me). My GPU is supported and drivers are up to date. Following for solution.Screenshot 2020-12-01 003219.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 30, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue with version 21. I want to install version 20 as that one worked fine but that option is gone. My video card is supported (drivers up to date), 32gb RAM and an i7 CPU. This program should never hang. For now I disabled my font preview and that seems to help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 02, 2020 0