Photoshop 22.0.1 - Program Error when trying to add Tilt Shift Blur

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I'm trying to select Tilt Shift blur to a layer I've created as a Smart Object and keep getting the "Could not complete your request because of a program error". I have tried this with both a RAW and JPEG file, and also after saving as PSD and it still comes back with this error. I've tried restarting my computer (Mac) and closing other programs to free up the cache just in case that may be the issue. 

Any suggestions?

Thank you. 

TOPICS
Bug, Crash or freeze, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop 22.0.1 - Program Error when trying to add Tilt Shift Blur

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I'm trying to select Tilt Shift blur to a layer I've created as a Smart Object and keep getting the "Could not complete your request because of a program error". I have tried this with both a RAW and JPEG file, and also after saving as PSD and it still comes back with this error. I've tried restarting my computer (Mac) and closing other programs to free up the cache just in case that may be the issue. 

Any suggestions?

Thank you. 

TOPICS
Bug, Crash or freeze, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 06, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps you have problem because graphic processor? Please see this article https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html#Dofeaturesthatrequirethegraphics... 

Features that require a GPU for acceleration

Blur Gallery - OpenCL accelerated

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 07, 2020 0
Adam5E3B LATEST
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you for your response. 

I've been trying to resolve this issue for a few days, but I just updated to the new Photoshop 22.1 version and now suddenly I am able to use Tilt Shift, so I guess something in the update fixed the issue. 

I appreciate your help!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 08, 2020 0