• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 22.0.1 - Unknown error while trying to Save for Web since macOS Big Sur Update

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since I updated my mac to BigSur Photoshop won't let me export my GIFs through save for web (legacy). My photoshop is up to date but I keep getting this error. I've restarted my computer multiple times as well. Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 10.51.50 AM.png

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop while trying to save GIFs.

Please go to the System Preferences for your Mac, then Security and Privacy, then select the Privacy tab. Then select Accessibility from the list to the left and check if you see Photoshop added to the list with a check mark in front of it. If Photoshop is not a part of the list, please add it by unlocking the window first using the lock at the bottom left, then clicking the + icon and navigating to the Applications folder. Also, grant permissions to Photoshop under Full disk access located in the same list as Accessibility. Once done, restart the Mac and check if it helps.

You can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2Qzc0K3

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I completed these steps and it still won't export for me either. I have a low image size and I still can't get this to work, I don't understand what the issue is. I have tried many other ways to work around this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps it related toe the known issue

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hadasbboneh_0-1610447488588.png

I have a different problem while trying to save for web (with Big Sur 11.1). Why is it happening and how can I fix it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, facing the same here, may i know any updates of solving this in Big Sur?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening for me too. Anyone who can help? Thank you in advance!

Can't import video frames to make GIFs as well. Overall, Photoshop has been weird ever since I used Big Sur 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem!

Hey Adobe!!!

Will there be a solution? What do we all pay you money for? 

I need it fixed asap!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Adobe will fix it???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem! Any solution??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey adobe what the hell? Issue still exist and it's 9th of July, are you going to fix it?!! People are posting here every month and still nothing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hai guys, maybe you can try this one..

Go to Applications - Choose the Adobe Photoshop file and choose Get Info options, after that check the Low Resolutions options. Open your Adobe Photoshop again. I Hope it helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this seems to have worked for me!!! merci and hallelujah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just found how to export. Just use save as ( command+shift+S) then you can choose what format you want.Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 11.53.45 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried all the fixes. Twice even. Nothing works. At least I can still save for web from illustrator. I hope they don't mess with that !!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also experiencing this inconvenience....... grrrrrrr - makes the work flow stutter . Not impressed. Treid all the fixes and nothing works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same thing is happening for me...any one have a solution yet??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines