Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 22.0 constantly freezing/crashing

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I recently updated Photoshop versions from Photoshop 2018 to Version 22.0, and since that update, the program has been freezing every 2-3 minutes of use, requiring me to quit out of the program. Unless I save after every action, it's difficult to make any forward progress, and sometimes trying to save causes the program to crash. Needless to say, this is extremely frustrating and makes the program borderline unusable. I have tried downgrading to Version 21.2.4 but this does not solve the problem. I have tried increasing the memory useage in settings, and changing the Advance Graphics Processor settings to "Basic" but this did not solve the issue. I am wondering if there is a fix for this, or otherwise if it would be possible to obtain the 2018 version of Photoshop that, even with its faults, was at least usable.

My Mac info, in case that's helpful:

MacOS Catalina 10.15.7 (19H2)

Processor: 2.6 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5

Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics: Intel Iris 1536 MB

My scratch disk has 64 GB of free space.

I am appreciative of any assistance you can provide.

Thanks,

Adam

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same infiriating issue here. I tried downgrading one version and the same thing keeps happening.

Catalina 10.15.7 (19H2)

2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 4 GB

Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Thanks-

-Scott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm woking on windows10 and get serious crashes/lockups that require forcing the application down.  I usually get 15 or 20 minutes in or so.   Then lose everything if it wasn't saved in time.  

I initially had the black screen issue and have twice had to flush preferences to get working again.  Which causes the scratch disk setups to be wiped out as well and must reset those.   But mine are reset and there is plenty space.  The crashes continue.
HP workstation 
Xeron / 32gb ram / nvidia 2070 super

plenty of solid state drives and space

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding on details, I notice during the crash/freeze moments that the application is hung in Services panel where I go to force it down.  It shows the application using high (red) resources each time.  Not sure if memory leak or what is to blame but it's a mess right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here and its driving me crazy!  Not good enough Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same thing for me.

Since last update to v 22.0, it freezes after few minutes and then crashes. It is extremely frustrating considering that I must use it for work, which of course I can not do until this is fixed.

Support need to fix this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No news, no updates by support staff regarding this?

Seriously, this situation is infurating!!

Has anybody find a solution to fix this bug that you could share?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Right! I bought a new state of the art computer with a lot more RAM to be able to handle it, but it's only marginally better. I still have to save every few minutes because it is constantly crashing. No updates from anyone at Adobe yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines