• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 22.0 - Open PSD, switch to full screen mode = crash

Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I had a few problems with some tools and a generally quite laggy UI in v22 for a few days, decided to uninstall it and revert to 21.2.4. Today I discovered that I could open ANY file, switch to fullscreen and PS would crash.

I don't know what your QA team is doing but it loks like they've been on holildays when you decided to roll out v22. I guess it's because you thought that neural filters is all your paying customers need... you probably just didn't look at the rest of the application.

Laggy as hell, tools not working correctly, prone to crashing and all of this for only 69.99€ a month.

Thanks for nothing Adobe, I knew you sucked but you just made sure I'll never forget how much.

{Thread title edited by moderator}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop. Would you mind telling us which operating system are you working on?

You can go to the Preferences for Photoshop, then Performance & disable the option to Use Graphics Processor. Once done, quit & relaunch Photoshop to check if it helps. You can also try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2Qzc0K3

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the quick response.

This is on Win10 v2004, graphic card is a Geforce 970. I sent two crash reports and included my e-mail adress (which matches the one for my account here), I guess you'll be able to get detailed info about the system if you look into it.

I have rolled back and uninstalled 22.0 and do not plan to re-install it and look into GPU settings - usually, all the versions that needed the GPU to be disabled were generally unstable - frankly, I don't think v22 is different.

Some other issues I found during my very short romance with v22.0:

- Lags everywhere: drag a window, enable/disable/copy/edit a layer, copy content from one image to another etc. Much worse than any prior version, and btw Photoshop has already made me feel like I'm on my 400 MHz machine from 1998. Photoshop's UI responsiveness was quite bad already but v22 somehow managed to make it a point to further punish users.

- Text tool - marking text doesn't highlight the text marked

- AI filters did not work at all on my first run. On another launch, some where not doing anything at all even after waiting 10 minutes or longer. And when trying to access beta filters, you might want to reconsider why users should have to give you feedback about what they intend to do with the filter... you know, they haven't seen it in action yet, how would they know what they want from the filter?

Now that I have your attention - you know what pro users are waiting for since 15 years? Full native 16 and 32 bits support with proper color handling across different bit depths - 32bpc to 8/16bpc conversion results in a notable level shift. Non destructive masking workflow and mask layering. Make the UI and tools responsive again.

If all PS cares about is including the latest buzzword tech you'll leave behind a lot of disappointed users.

Sorry for the rant, not aimed at you personally at all, just tired with all the e-mails I get from Adobe about unrelated PR that promises to help me being 'more productive'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, another thing I forgot is PS v22.0 reset all my color settings, none of the updates before did this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines