Photoshop 22.1.0 doesn't save the files

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to save a PSD file and program shows me a message: "Could not save as "[Name of the file]" because of a program error.".

I've tried by changing the name of the file, and nothing works.

What should I do?

TOPICS
Bug, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop 22.1.0 doesn't save the files

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to save a PSD file and program shows me a message: "Could not save as "[Name of the file]" because of a program error.".

I've tried by changing the name of the file, and nothing works.

What should I do?

TOPICS
Bug, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 10, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sebastian, i'm getting the same issue after the last update. Did manage to find a solution to the problem?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 13, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again Sebastian, i just found a fix that it worked for me, try switching mode from 8 bits/channel to 16. Let me know.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 13, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem.  I was already on 16 bits so I switched to 8 bits and it let me save.   ????

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 13, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so i guess it works both ways hahahaha, i need to work on 8 because of the filters. But i guess i will be saving on 16 for the moment

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 13, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chino, saddly it doesn't work for me... I was already working in 8 bits. I realize that it happens only for new documents, so I've been recording every time I create a new Layer, sometimes it works, but not always. Right now I have like 3 projects stucked due to that problem 😕

I think I have to wait for a new update of the software.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 14, 2020 0
NicoleYM LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, this is a really serious bug!! This is the second time in two weeks I've run into this problem. I'm grateful that the 16-bit to 8-bit change worked for me and allowed me to save my work. I don't like losing work! I can't believe Adobe hasn't released a fix for this problem yet. Adobe, if there is some data we can provide to document the problem, please let us know. This is making me very nervous about using Photoshop. Seems like this issue should be escalated.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 26, 2020 0