• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 22.1 - Disappearing Text

Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I drag text without any effects, it works as expected. However, if there's an effect on it, it disappears while dragging and remains invisible until I either click a layer on/off (any layer), or the effects eyeball on/off, but that's after it's been placed. Need to see it while it's being moved!

Also, the color tool for text is weird, in that it doesn't change on the initial eyedropper click, it's always one click behind. Say I choose purple, the text color doesn't change, but (keeping the color thingy open) if I then choose red - via eyedropper or slider - it'll then turn purple.

Using Windows 22.1.0, working in RGB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: I fixed the color choosing issue by turning off my Graphics Processor in Preferences. But it did not change the disappearing text with effects, that's still a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if thet is a newer Device Driver available for your GPU and install it.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, drivers are all up to date, so that's not it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have "Preview" checked in the color picker? Or do you even have that option with the eye dropper (I use the color picker personally).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updating my driver took care of the color picker problem, so that half of the problem is fixed now. Thank you for replying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My workaround for now is to either turn off effects before moving text or choose the layer via free transform - in both those instances the text doesn't disappear. Will be checking the forums to see if anyone else reports a similar problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"drag text without any effects, it works as expected. However, if there's an effect on it, it disappears while dragging"

I have this same problem on Mac OS.

Problem exists in v22.3 and 21.2.6

Makes Photoshop unusable, so currently exploring other options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines