• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 22.1 Sky Replacement Bug Could not complete your request because the file was not found

Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When trying to use Sky Replacement in PS 22.1 I get the following error message 

Could not complete your request because the file was not found.

Apparently this has been a problem for quite some time, I tried appending the stock skies and deleting the original folders and a couple of other half baked work arounds and none of them worked.  How do I fix this?

{Thread title edited by Moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

I found the answer elsewhere in the Community.  Delete all the default Sky folders, close out the Sky Replacement window (not PS window), then select Sky Replacement again and all the sky files work again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the "file not found" error in Photoshop. Would you mind telling us the operating system version you're working on?

Could you please try resetting Photoshop's preferences and let us know if that helps? Preferences in Photoshop 

Note: Make sure that you back up all your custom presets, brushes & actions before restoring Photoshop's preferences. Migrate presets, actions, and settings

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue using MacOS Big Sur 11.2.1 and PS 22.2.  Resetting preferences did not resolve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please try deselecting "Use Graphics Processor" located in Photoshop's Preferences > Performance, then relaunch Photoshop and let us know if it helps?

~Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the answer elsewhere in the Community.  Delete all the default Sky folders, close out the Sky Replacement window (not PS window), then select Sky Replacement again and all the sky files work again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesn't really solve the problem but it is a work around f all you want to use are the "stock" skies.  I guess a good question would be are where are those files located and can we add other skies to those folders?

Thanks for the reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2022 Jul 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've tried several of the mentioned fixes and this one finally worked.

I am very appreciated to this fix. Been driving me nuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im using MacOS Big Sur 11.2.1, with PS 22.1.1.  I reset Photoshop preferences and unchecked "use Graphics Processor" and neither had any effect. 

When you google this issue there are a lot of people pointing to a couple threads where they claim to have solved this issue.  And as much as I appreciate the advice, clearly this has not been resolved.  So everyone pointing back to thses posts from October of last yaer don't help.  My concern is that the people at Adobe might be under the impression this is not an issue.  As it stands now this is a non-tool.

I tried the suggestion to "Append Default Skies" and that worked for the default skies but I still got the error message when I tried a sky that I imported and wouldn't work on the default skies once I got that message.  I spent hours inputting over 600 skies, one at a time, to have them rendered useless.  Why do we have to input them one at a time?  

What is being done to actually fix this?  Whant can we do to help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this been fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In response to your last update - 600 skies may be overload for the panel.

I'm not sure what the max is but that seems excessive.

Have you tried resetting as suggested and then importing in phases - 50, 100 etc. to see if you reach a breaking point with that many external dependencies?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issues the .sky files seem to be lost I have imported 6 photos. Funny the replace sky was working fine then 3 or 4 days ago it stopped working yet I had not updated PS. I checked there were two updates I installed them and PS still insists the sky files could not be found, very frustrating I hope the fix will be out soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RGB as recommended so that is not the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines