Photoshop 22.1 still has lag when using adjustment sliders

Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was the main reason I went back all the way to Photoshop 2019 (20.0.1), but unfortunately due to that version having alt-drag resizing issues, I have to use a newer version of Photoshop.

This version, however, has terrible lag whenever I try to use any slider (ctrl+u for hue/saturation, for example). It's unusable as I can't get the colour that I want. This issue was already present in v21 and it's disapointing to see it hasn't been fixed. It's clearly a Photoshop issue, as the 2019 version doesn't have this problem.

My specs shouldn't be an issue either I think: Rhyzen 7, 64gb RAM, Nvidia 2060 GTX. 

Any help on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated. I use Photoshop for work as a concept artist, and it's very frustrating not to be able to find a single version of it that works properly.

-Wouter

TOPICS
Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop 22.1 still has lag when using adjustment sliders

Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was the main reason I went back all the way to Photoshop 2019 (20.0.1), but unfortunately due to that version having alt-drag resizing issues, I have to use a newer version of Photoshop.

This version, however, has terrible lag whenever I try to use any slider (ctrl+u for hue/saturation, for example). It's unusable as I can't get the colour that I want. This issue was already present in v21 and it's disapointing to see it hasn't been fixed. It's clearly a Photoshop issue, as the 2019 version doesn't have this problem.

My specs shouldn't be an issue either I think: Rhyzen 7, 64gb RAM, Nvidia 2060 GTX. 

Any help on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated. I use Photoshop for work as a concept artist, and it's very frustrating not to be able to find a single version of it that works properly.

-Wouter

TOPICS
Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 10, 2021 0
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. photoshop v21 still has huge lag when using adjestment tools.  terriblely.~~~~

Besides, adobe seems to have no ability to fix this.  Seeing that despite the two updates, the problem is still not fixed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 12, 2021 1
Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There were many issues with 21, which is why I stuck with version 20 for a long time. It's so disapointing to see that almost none of those (huge) issues were addressed in 22, and meanwhile we get all these nonsense ai features. Adobe should focus on making their product actually work instead. 

Aside from the adjustment lag, there is also a huge lag when ctrl+clicking to go to a specific layer, for example. Super weird. The pixel mode on the line tool is still gone, even though that's a tool a lot of us concept artists use daily. 

I'm currently in the process of trying out some other apps, perhaps it's just time to move away from Adobe alltogether.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 12, 2021 0
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry . I misspelled it by mistake.   adjustment tool...~~~ and Photoshop V22  not V21

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 12, 2021 0
@mj LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @CGdesigner72 , @wouterg11744736 ,

Please report your experience here, so that the Photoshop team can hopefully resolve.

https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

The lag issue affects zooming too. 

Please keep the forum posted on your progress.

mj

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 12, 2021 0