• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 22.2.0 freezes while panning on wacom or xp-pen

Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very randomly when I am retouching and using space to go through a zoomed-in picture ps freezes.

The only thing I can do is save it to a PSD file and reopen the file. 

Somebody, please tell me how to deal with this glitch. It's becoming a nightmare.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, have you checked if there are any driver updates available for your devices? Does this issue happen even if you use the mouse?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! 

No it doesn't happen when I am using my mouse because my mouse is not involved in any retouching technique.

Only with the tablet pen (wacom, xp-pen)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you for providing us with more information. Have you checked for driver updates? Have you tried resetting Adobe Photoshop preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Italosan, I would check to see if there is a driver upda or clash. There was a previous thread with issues between Photoshop and XP-Pen. Check out this thread

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All drivers are up to date. Same issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey guys! It seems to me I found a solution for this issue. At least it works for me. I have a Wacom device. And Photoshop freezes constantly while panning using a pen. In a Tablet's driver settings I enabled an option "Pressure Compatibility. Adjusts pressure sensitivity for compatibility with older applications that only support 1024 pressure levels" and this problem never happened again. Hope it will be useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines