Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 22.2.0 freezes

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am a student of 3D drawing and animation and I have problems working in Photoshop. Randomly the software freeze, my mouse cursor still works but I can't select any tools. However, the menu bar is still accessible and functional and I can close Photoshop with the cross at the top right. I tried on 2 recent computers of different brands with a big config, having the same problems.

After several searches and various manipulations (update of graphics drivers, change of Photoshop versions, reset preferences, refine Photoshop performance, increase / decrease RAM for Photoshop, change the drawing mode ...) nothing changed . So I uncheck the box allowing to use the graphics card of my computer in photoshop performance.

Then there were no more problems related to freeze, photoshop worked normally but less fluid / fast than before. Then, I had display problems when using certain tools (localized corrector, blur tool, smudge tool ...), and finally a blue screen forcing the restart of the computer during the use of the blur tool.

The loss of performance linked to not using the graphics card is logical but when I ask Photoshop to use it, I have freezes again.

Photoshop is essential software for my studies. Besides, I use other adobe software (Premiere pro, After effect, Animate, Media encoder, Indesign) which all work without any problems. I also use Maya and Zbrush for doing 3D and they also work without issues. It's only Photoshop that causes this.

I think it's a conflict with my graphics card and Photoshop, but I have no more solutions or ideas to fix these issues. Note that the computer is new (purchase dated 02/18/2021).

Do you have any advice on how to solve these problems?

Here is the configuration of my computer:

MSI GP66 10UG 088FR Leopard

Core I7 10870H / 2.2GHz

GF RTX 3070

16 Go RAM

1 To SSD NVMe

15.6" IPS 1920x1080 (Full HD) 144Hz

Windows 10

Adobe Photoshop version : 22.2.0

Thanks !

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This link may help you: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-slow-lags.html

Sim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your message. Unfortunately I have already read the info on this link and applied some solutions based on similar symptoms but without success.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines